18 Things That Really Happen When You Go Out For ‘Just One Drink’
Optimistically saying you’ll go out for just one drink is easily done. Realistically going out for just one drink is not quite as easily accomplished.
1. You start off by saying that you actually won’t go out at all.
It’s not that you don’t want to; you just have a busy day tomorrow. You have shit to do. You know a hangover will not be what you need.
2. But this doesn’t seem to be an option, so you agree to “just the one drink”.
You can do it. It’ll be fine.
3. And repeatedly warn everyone that you really mean it this time. Really.
4. You even set a horrifically early alarm on your phone just to prove your point.
5. And proceed to regularly remind everyone that you’re only having one drink. One.
6. You arrive to find everyone already drinking and immediately start to regret your decision.
7. But you order your one drink anyway; still confident that you can pull this off.
8. And then vow to drink it slowly. You’re only having the one, after all.
9. But before you know it you’ve finished your one drink and you know this is the moment you need to leave.
10. However, you don’t really want to.
11. The problem is, everyone else knows that too. And they don’t want you to leave, either.
They’re also not afraid to guilt trip you.
12. In fact, they start convincing you that two drinks is hardly any different to one drink.
13. And besides, it’s still early. And it’s not like you’re drunk.
And you hate to see them look so sad and feel like such a party pooper.
14. So you agree to just one more drink.
You’ve made the effort to come out; it would be a shame to go so soon.
15. But you’ll only have one more. ONE. Then you’ll stop.
16. Except that you don’t. Because one more turns into two more.
17. And then another. And another. Plus some shots.
18. And before you know it your “just one drink” has turned into one too many.
Nevermind. Better luck next time. 🙈