18 Things You Don’t Want Anyone To Know About How You Live at University
Some things are better left unsaid.
1. Your very questionable eating habits.
Actual cba with uni life, just bought a bag of apples for 49p n ate them all for my tea
— Tara Beck (@tara_beck8) January 15, 2017
2. And your complete disregard for health and safety.
Just ate some eggs that went out of date in September #uni
— tom (@TpBuckle) December 8, 2016
3. How committed you are to playing this game:
The bin in very student house pic.twitter.com/u2dCsfLmCQ
— tom (@Om_Tay) August 28, 2014
4. And just how lazy you can be.
FaceTiming my oven so I can see when my garlic bread is done. pic.twitter.com/r3d3znrMJ3
— georgeCVO (@GeorgeTweetings) August 29, 2016
5. The lengths you go to in order to avoid washing up.
Just ate chicken and chips with a tea spoon cos I have no clean forks #uni
— Rudi Van Disarzio (@William_Gibson1) September 21, 2016
6. And how often this happens:
Didn't go out last night to make sure I made it to my 9am lecture, still didn't make it
— Emily Jones (@emilyjoness1) October 5, 2016
7. How late you’re prepared to leave writing an essay.
TOTALLY FORGOT I HAVE AN ESSAY DUE TOMORROW & HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED LOL
— jillian stafford (@__jillianlayne) January 30, 2017
8. And the extent to which you lower your expectations.
At this point, I don't even care about the marks I would like to get, I need 40% to pass and therefore that is my aim.
— Katie Morris (@KatieMorris_95) April 23, 2015
9. Your penchant for stealing your housemates’ food and then pretending to know nothing about it when they ask.
10. And your ability to somehow fritter away your student loan on stuff you definitely don’t need.
i just bought some new trainers with my student loan. thanks nick clegg
— alex (@newnameforalex) October 9, 2016
11. The sheer number of times you never make it out of pre-drinks.
Heartbreaking when you buy a new outfit and spend ages getting ready and then you're too drunk to even make it out 🤗
— lauren kelly (@lauurenkelly) October 30, 2016
12. And how long you spend watching crappy daytime TV instead of revising.
Instead of revising i'm sitting on my sofa watching people reuniting with their lost families on jeremy kyle
— k loves m (@iinvisiblemgc) October 25, 2016
13. The times you have to do an early morning walk of shame across campus, praying no one you know will see you.
"When you take that walk of shame through campus after a long night" pic.twitter.com/iX7b0BYIl2
— I Reach Off Balance (@MrInAndOut) July 28, 2016
14. And how often you wear clothes that haven’t been washed because you have no clean options left.
15. How well you convince yourself that writing the title of an essay is enough work to deserve having a break.
16. And how skilled you’ve become at managing to add as many unnecessary words to an essay in order to reach the minimum word count.
Trying to reach the minimum word count in a literature essay when you know a vague summary of 4 chapters pic.twitter.com/LelwXmwqrA
— geeeeen (@GenShahim) September 19, 2016
17. The way you approach* doing work over the holidays.
*or rather, don’t approach
18. And finally, how you determined you can be to ignore all of your responsibilities.
Me: okay I have 3 exams I need to study for, gotta pick out my classes for next semester, need to start applying for jobs
Also me: pic.twitter.com/uIgq1EMcVj
— Ｖａｐｏｒ Ｗｅｙ (@DanceChacDance) December 19, 2016