19 Signs You’re The Grinch of Your Family
Not everybody wants it to be Christmas everyday. Here are some signs you’re one of those people.
1. You can’t think of anything worse than putting up a Christmas tree.
2. But then you remember how awful fairy lights are.
3. People get excited about decorating and you just watch on like…
4. You never have and never will wish for a white Christmas.
5. You know that Christmas dinner is really just a Sunday roast with added bits of terrible.
“How can we ruin this perfect meal?” “SPROUTS”
6. And you could do without hearing the same Christmas songs repeatedly from November onwards.
7. You hate not being allowed to eat your whole advent calendar on day one.
8. And you have no desire to be herded around the Christmas markets, trying to look at things you don’t want to buy.
9. In fact you don’t want to go anywhere because there are just TOO MANY HUMANS.
10. Making Christmas shopping an actual ordeal.
11. You’re done with people telling you to wear a Christmas jumper.
12. Choosing presents for people really stresses you out.
Not to mention the fact you’re poor AF.
13. And who has time to send cards?
When you do you always forget someone and make it really awkward.
14. You give people presents that look like this.
— Dylan Rotert (@dylanjrotert) December 24, 2012
15. While they give you presents that look like this.
16. And when it comes to Christmas morning you’re not into getting up at 6am to open them.
It’s not that you don’t want or appreciate the presents, you just also want to lie in.
17. People are being far too irrationally cheerful for your liking.
18. The thought of family parties actually fills you with dread.
You love your family, it’s just that they ask too many questions.
19. Basically, you’re only here for the alcohol.
Here’s to a ~merry~ Christmas 🍷🍷🍷