19 Stages of Realising How Much You’ll Miss Your Home Friends When You’re Back at Uni
Maybe you’ll just have to not leave. 😭
1. Spending a whole summer with them was the actual best.
2. And everything was just like the good old days.
3. Until something suddenly dawned on you…
4. You had to accept that you’re going to have to leave them all behind again soon.
5. And it’s only just occurred to you how much that is not OK.
6. Because as much as you love and miss your uni friends…
Can't wait for uni next month. Missed all my friends 😭
— Connor Wilkins (@Mrsupakins) August 14, 2016
7. You’ve also remembered how much you love your home friends too.
8. And the realisation that you can’t have the best of both worlds has finally sunk in.
9. Now that you’re used to seeing them again, you don’t understand how you’re supposed to live without them.
10. Or how they’re supposed to live without you.
11. Because you know each other better than anyone else.
12. You’ve started to consider whether you could reasonably blackmail them into coming with you.
13. While also kind of blaming them for not being at university with you.
14. You’ve not even left yet, but you already miss them.
15. So you start demanding that they visit you immediately.
16. And making sure they don’t try to replace you while you’re gone.
17. By September, the excitement of going back to uni is slightly spoiled by the sadness of finally having to say bye.
18. But you have to console yourself with the fact that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
19. And look forward to seeing them again soon.