19 Things You’ll Understand If You’re The Last One To Move Out of Your Uni House
Moving out of your uni house can be a very sad time. Moving out when you’re the last one to leave is even worse.
1. You have to watch as one by one your housemates leave.
2. And you inevitably end up getting roped into helping with the packing and heavy lifting.
3. Saying goodbye becomes a little more emotional every time.
4. But you have to be stronger than them because you’re the last one standing.
5. It’s a novelty at first.
6. The house is quiet for once.
7. And you can do whatever you want. Literally.
The perks of being the last one left at the uni house, walking around naked
— Chris Williams (@ChristianTWilli) December 21, 2014
8. You can claim whatever’s been left behind as yours.
When you're the last one left in your uni house for the summer, and the fridge is left full 👀
— Harry White (@Harry_T_White) June 14, 2015
9. But this also means you have to take responsibility for everything.
Including the things that aren’t yours and that you don’t want.
10. It’s suddenly your job to clean up.
Even when it’s not your mess.
Having to clean the whole of my Uni house because im the last one here..Talk about banter
— Ayo (@Ayolanaa) June 26, 2013
11. And sort out all the final bills and meter readings.
12. Plus, take charge of being the last one to lock up.
The pressure of being the last one to leave the uni house, having to double checking everything's closed or turned off
— Molly Gallantree (@mollymoooos) December 22, 2015
13. Basically, you’ve been left with all the shit jobs no one else wanted to do.
14. And suddenly being the last one isn’t fun any more.
15. Your realise you’re spending your last days in your uni house completely alone.
How am I the last one left in my uni house? 😭🚶
— Jordz (@JayBatchelor__) December 22, 2014
16. And you become convinced something will break before you can leave and shift responsibility onto someone else.
17. You hate that you can’t celebrate the end because there’s no one left to celebrate with.
18. And ultimately end up feeling like a complete loner.
Being the last one to leave my uni house is really sad and lonely 👀
— Ems (@EmilyMaeBonser) December 19, 2015
19. Wishing you’d just moved out when everyone else did.
The last one left in an empty uni house on moving day, surrounded by boxes and sitting watching cat videos. The end of uni life 😢😩
— Katie Milburn (@KatieMilburn27) June 28, 2014