20 Reasons Why You’ll Never Be Emotionally Ready To Leave Your Uni Friends
If you thought actually making it to graduation would be the most difficult part of your degree, you would be wrong. Leaving your uni friends behind is so much worse.
1. Even though you only met them at uni, you feel as though you’ve been friends forever.
Feel so lucky to have found so many friends at uni who I just click with like they are my second half and literally love just love so much
— Melissa Woodley (@Melissa_Woodley) May 24, 2016
2. You’ve spent some of the best times of your life together.
3. As well as some of the worst.
ngl love my uni friends. we're all stressed together, the feelings all mutual. lowkey want to cry together.
— alia loren. (@alialoren) April 6, 2016
4. And now you’re not sure how you’re ever going to cope without them.
5. As much as you love your home friends, they don’t know you like your uni friends know you.
ngl but ever since starting uni this has been me whenever my friends come down pic.twitter.com/JFxFDtwmBK
— fredward francis (@dappylurver58) January 24, 2016
6. They understand how things are.
7. And throughout your time at uni they’ve known exactly when to cheer you up.
8. Or when to tell you to just get your shit together.
9. You can’t deal with the thought of never again being able to see them whenever you want.
10. Or the fact that you might well all go off to lead completely separate lives.
11. Because you know that no matter what promises you make, meeting up will never be easy again.
I MISS MY UNI FRIENDS BUT IM TOO LAZY TO MAKE PLANSSSSSSSS
— jessie (@jesshikari) April 26, 2016
12. And you worry that if you do ever see them, everything will have changed.
On Friday I'm meeting up with two uni friends…. And their boyfriends. Me: pic.twitter.com/9fjVBzU1RS
— Matt (@SelfieMadeBoy) October 18, 2015
13. Or you’ll just make it a billion times harder to let them go again.
Meeting up with friends I haven't seen for a year but everything is still the same ❤ I miss my uni friends
— Alexandra Jones (@_ALHJ) September 27, 2015
14. It doesn’t seem fair that after facing university together, you now have to face graduate life apart.
15. And essentially compete against each other from now on.
16. Celebrating making it to the end of final year only further reminds you of how little time you have left with them.
17. No more spontaneous night out.
18. Or “actually, let’s just stay in and get pizza” nights.
19. Even if you’re ready for graduate life, you’ll never be ready to leave them.
I think the sadness is finally hitting me, I think I'm ready to be done with Uni but I'm definitely not ready to be away from my friends 😔
— Kimberley Louise (@KimWallace95) May 25, 2016
20. Because, in a very real way, they kind of mean more to you than your degree.
I love my friends so much I never want us to leave uni 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
— Amelia Barnes (@amelia_barnes) May 17, 2016