20 Things That Actually Happen When You Go To The Library To Study
The common assumption is that if you’re in the library you must be studying. But we all know that’s not necessarily what happens.
1. Looking for books that are apparently available and on the shelf but you can’t find any of them.
Library do not tell me the book I want is on the shelf when I'm staring at the shelf and it's not there -_-
— ☆Marcy☆ (@LadyAbadeer) November 9, 2014
2. Spending a short lifetime looking for a free table.
3. Thinking you’ve found a free computer but it’s actually just a library catalogue computer.
4. Finding a quiet spot you’re happy with only for someone to come and sit right next to you.
5. Immediately being distracted by other people’s music.
I have 99 problems and all of them are this guy in the library blasting that song through his headphones
— Rachel Gørøsh (@RACHELG0R0SH) November 6, 2015
6. And by that person who brought their lunch with them and hasn’t mastered the art of sneaky library snacking.
7. Not being able to concentrate because the temperature is always one extreme or the other.
The difference between UoB library and a furnace? The furnace would be cooler. #melting
— Connor Keating (@ckeating94) October 27, 2015
8. Needing the toilet but not wanting to either leave your stuff at the desk or take everything with you and lose your spot.
9. Trying to talk your friend out of sitting with you without hurting their feelings.
You just know neither of you will get any work done.
10. Wondering if you type as angrily as the people around you seem to be doing.
11. And wishing everyone would just disappear so that you could concentrate.
12. But knowing that you’re not helping yourself because the only tab you have open is Facebook.
13. Losing focus and ending up just looking at what other people are doing.
14. Later realising you’ve been watching Netflix on that other person’s screen for a good fifteen minutes.
15. Seeing someone from your course walk past with the book you were looking for and blaming them for your lack of work so far.
16. Accidentally making awkwardly long eye contact with your library crush of the day and trying to make it look like you were just thinking.
another day another library crush
— lil pstoff (@pierienees) November 11, 2015
17. Realising that you’ve now done less work than you would’ve done at home.
18. Actually trying to be serious about being productive and realising you left your laptop charger at home.
19. Completely throwing the towel in when the library internet goes down.
*goes to library to be productive* *Internet & laptop problems* *goes back home* I JUST WANTED TO BE PRODUCTIVE WHY is this happening to me
— Kalissa Duong (@aznkalixoxo) November 9, 2015