21 Signs You’re Going Through a Mid-Semester Crisis
It’s that time of year again.
1. You’ve started to deeply regret your choice of modules.
2. And you’re already so far behind on your reading list that you’re not sure you can catch up.
3. Your sleeping schedule is now thoroughly messed up.
4. And you’ve lost the will to care about how messy your student house is anymore.
5. Your lecture notes have become almost unintelligible.
6. And even if you can read them, you don’t really understand what you’ve written about anyway.
7. If you never saw another PowerPoint slide again, it would be too soon.
8. And you’ve pretty much reached that point where you need to skip lectures to catch up on lectures.
9. The more deadlines you’re given, the less motivation you have to reach any of them.
10. And you’re already questioning why you’re bothering with university.
11. Even pizza doesn’t seem to be making you feel better anymore.
12. And you’re just not sure you can hack many more nights out.
13. There is basically nothing left of your student loan.
14. And you’re seriously concerned about how you’re going to survive until the next instalment.
15. You’ve now discovered a countless number of pretty serious issues with your student house.
16. But your landlord doesn’t seem to care, so you’re just having to live with them.
17. There’s a passive aggressive atmosphere brewing in your house group chat.
18. And you seem to discover another annoying thing about your housemates every day.
19. You honestly can’t decide whether the time is flying or dragging.
On the one hand, how are you mid-way through the semester already? But on the other, why is it not over yet?