21 Things Everyone Who’s Lived in Mason Hall Will Understand
If you were lucky enough to live in Mason, there are some things only you will understand.
1. Feeling like you had hit the jackpot living in the best accommodation on The Vale.
2. Even if you are paying considerably more than everyone else.
3. But quickly realising that the additional cost of this is that everyone else hates you.
4. Because they assume that you were all born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
5. Which isn’t fair for those who genuinely weren’t.
6. You can deal with their misplaced judgement though because, at the end of the day, you have 3 1/4 beds.
Which is a thing and does make a difference.
7. And you have an en-suite.
8. Not to mention a lift.
9. However, you also have to deal with the fact that the shower floods the bathroom every time you use it.
10. And the lift rarely works.
There is nothing I hate more than the stairs in mason hall
— Jessica Andrews (@Jessickaa27) September 14, 2015
11. Plus, if you’re lucky enough to have a room near the front door, you will be able to hear the lift at all hours of the day and night.
The annoying voice in the lift. Yes I know the doors are closing. #masonproblems
— Mr Mason Hall (@MasonProblemsUB) October 15, 2013
12. You never fully get to grips with the fact that your wardrobe door is also your bathroom door.
13. And visitors from other halls will relish at the amount of storage space you don’t have.
14. As well as the fact that you don’t have a laundrette.
It’s OK, though; you simply love lugging all of your washing to Shackleton.