22 Genuine Fears You Have About Graduation Day
You’ve made it through the entirety of your degree to graduation day. And now the fear’s got you. 😰
1. That you’ll fall down in front of everyone.
2. Or worse, you’ll fall down and take loads of other people down with you.
3. And you won’t be able to get up and walk it off so you’ll just have to stay down forever.
If I fall at graduation, I'm not getting up
— Alie Abrell (@abrell_alie) June 5, 2016
4. What you’ll do if your robes don’t fit properly. At all.
You can legitimately fit three of me in my graduation robes
— Zoe (@Zscopes) June 13, 2014
5. And that you definitely measured your head wrong.
It's been a concern since day 1 of uni but now it's 3 days away I am genuinely worried this graduation hat is not going to fit on my hair.
— Grace Redhead (@graceredhead93) July 13, 2015
6. That your parents will unforgivably embarrass you.
7. If you don’t embarrass them first…
8. How you’re supposed to react if they say your name wrong in the ceremony.
9. Or if your phone goes off even though you swear you put it on silent.
10. That you’ll go in for a handshake with the VP with the wrong hand.
11. And drop your degree as soon as they give it to you.
12. Or start walking away before you’re supposed to.
13. You wouldn’t be surprised if you get onto the stage and it all turns out to be a big joke and they just take it off you.
14. Or it turns out you just dreamed the whole thing.
15. That you’ll start laughing uncontrollably because graduate life.
16. Or sobbing because you’ve just realised that it’s actually real. You are graduating.
H E L P
17. Looking as awkward as you know you’ll feel on the photos.
18. And potentially hating the entire day.
19. That you’ll drink too much champagne and end up drunk and embarrassing.
20. Or you won’t be able to cope with the knowledge that this might be the last time you see some of your uni friends.
21. That this day is basically what your whole life has been aiming towards for the past few years.
22. And now it’s all over and you’ll officially no longer be a student.