22 Images That Accurately Reflect Your First Year of University
If you’re a first year at uni, this will definitely have been you at one point or another.
1. When you first started and everything about being a university student was a novelty.
Me when I start uni: pic.twitter.com/s6wKM752il
— kk (@katiekenney_) August 25, 2014
2. Until you realised how much work you would actually be doing.
Work that doesn’t even count towards your degree apparently. 😊😊😊😊😊
When my uni adds seminars to my timetable without telling me pic.twitter.com/6UtbWe7kOs
— megan (@meganwds) September 28, 2015
3. When you assessed the talent in your lectures and found it didn’t quite meet up to expectations.
Probably me when I start uni pic.twitter.com/w4JfszEykW
— A ♡ (@aimee_rebekah) September 21, 2013
4. And discovered how much intellectual competition you were now up against in order to do well.
Me at every seminar in uni pic.twitter.com/rYxaasM4Hi
— chelsea (@chelseaaajanee) January 26, 2016
5. Which kind of made you hate everyone on your course.
This is me at uni pic.twitter.com/ulQVy0Z6vX
— annalise (@annalisecandy) February 10, 2016
6. When the reality of maintaining a social life as well as a decent attendance record was much harder than you expected.
Me at uni today: pic.twitter.com/onflRN1Wtu
— Kitty Price (@itsmekittyprice) February 4, 2016
7. And the only true love you found at uni was your love for sleep.
Me at uni all the time pic.twitter.com/pj96VLhwrs
— Tatiana (@TatiLindars) February 27, 2016
8. Because this is literally you all day, every single day.
Me in anatomy lecture this morning pic.twitter.com/tH3vT6nCzY
— Lindsay Robbins (@lindsayrobbinss) September 10, 2015
9. When you couldn’t understand why your lecturers were putting so much pressure on you already.
When people start asking me life questions and about what I want to do in uni when I've hardly finished school pic.twitter.com/7ryHclRQLM
— idfwu (@JxnnerSlays) May 20, 2015
10. Or how you were ever supposed to make your student loan last through all of university.
Me at uni when I buy lunch on campus instead of preparing it at home pic.twitter.com/ZG6GGZRpNH
— kmf (@KarolinaFabianx) March 16, 2016
11. When this was you in lectures in your first week.
12. But this was you from then on.
stages of me in a lecture pic.twitter.com/ynWjZxH0l7
— ¯_(ツ)_/¯ (@13cbailey) March 4, 2016
13. And, if it seemed like you were concentrating, it was probably because you were trying to work out how soon you could leave.
100% me in my next lecture pic.twitter.com/qHWBRQd7Kz
— Meghan Dearden (@meghandearden) October 6, 2015
14. When the semesters only got harder the further through the year you got.
Me trying to get through only first year of uni pic.twitter.com/MCREWDpDH1
— Riah (@riahlodge) January 21, 2016
15. And you were increasingly thankful that your parents only knew what you told them.
LMAO this was me in all my lecture halls 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/pXtDnHcrql
— Nigerian Diddy (@TBeezzyy) April 8, 2016
16. When you remembered people saying that first year was supposed to be easy.
Pretty sure this was me in lecture today pic.twitter.com/DeROirQdaA
— Drops of Juniper (@jlevalle) April 6, 2016
17. And looking back on Freshers’ Week was like looking back on another life.
Me first year of uni vs now pic.twitter.com/GJL2LTTy7j
— Rianna Read (@Riannaread94) February 23, 2016
18. When you couldn’t get your head around the university’s essay writing procedures.
Me when I start to write up my uni essays… pic.twitter.com/dvKd2RG7dG
— Josh Hyde (@josh_hyde95) January 21, 2015
19. And you felt like you maybe weren’t cut out for university after all.
me at the beginning of the school year vs now pic.twitter.com/7EiGa3RIog
— Lauren Landtroop (@LaurenLandtroop) April 13, 2016
20. Especially when you discovered that first year actually does count more than you were led to believe.
"first year of uni doesn't matter" pic.twitter.com/dBBT3hqDJj
— Thistle (@Thilsana) September 27, 2015
21. And realised that there was nothing you could do to redeem yourself until second year.
First year uni pic.twitter.com/lW6HraUv0n
— Deidre Debassige (@debassige24) February 5, 2016
22. So you just plan to end the year the best way you know how.
Final Saturday night out during my first year of Uni… pic.twitter.com/KD97VBDXpq
— Joseph Vacher (@josephvacher) April 23, 2016