22 Signs You’re Always The Skint One of Your Uni Friendship Group
Being skint at any time is never great. Sometimes, being at university can make you feel even more skint than ever.
1. You buy value versions of everything.
In the queue for tesco with my pitta bread and tesco value vodka and the students in front are buying salmon, organic apples and rum #durham
— Nicola (@nicola_tweedy) October 11, 2015
2. And never, ever throw food away unless it’s unquestionably bad.
The only thing I've learnt being a student is that the expiry date on food and drinks does not exist.
— Blerina (@Lilalunee) October 23, 2015
3. You only ever make meals that can also be used for lunch the next day.
4. And you only ever get take-out when it’s on offer.
Two-for-Tuesdays is where it’s at.
5. You are a master of making a drink last.
6. And you love a bargain.
7. You travel on public transport when other people just get taxis everywhere.
8. And you never keep your library books past their due date.
You can spend those library fines on better things.
9. You don’t buy a new outfit for every single night out.
10. Or go home every weekend.
Because how can you afford to travel home every single weekend?!
11. You only buy the books you’re absolutely sure you’re going to need from the reading list.
Lets make books that are essential for a uni student and price them at ridiculous prices because students are so rich n can afford it right
— Xyphaaa (@CharlieLambkin) October 14, 2015
12. You actually do try to make your student loan last.
13. And you don’t buy a Starbucks before every single lecture.
Just casually drinking hot chocolate from my flask in the lecture 😋 pic.twitter.com/KlfnF0ek
— Luisa Tamrakar ☾ (@LuisaTamrakar) November 12, 2012
14. You don’t need to worry about campus car parking problems because you can’t afford to own a car.
15. You actually do really need your deposit back.
16. And you’re genuinely scared at the prospect of one day having to surrender your student discount.
17. You only have a dodgy version of Windows.
But if anyone asks, it’s totally legit…
18. You don’t take multiple expensive tablets, laptops and phones to every lecture.
— kellen (@aBoyKellen) May 17, 2013
19. You can’t afford to go out every night of the week.
20. And when you do go out you just drink the cheap beer.
21. You avoid looking at your bank balance at all costs.
22. And when you go home you take the opportunity to have your parents buy you as much food and drink as you can fit in your suitcase.
The best thing about going home at weekends is that when you go back to uni your parents send you back with lots of food bc poor student.
— Kash (@heyitskasia) October 11, 2015