22 Times You Were a Write Off This Freshers’ Week
1. When it was only the first night and you’d already thrown up in front of all your new flatmates.
2. Then woke up to find you’d been tagged in a hundred thousand photos on Facebook.
Each more mortifying than the one before.
Rare leaked photos of me in Freshers week this year pic.twitter.com/6op4IEDKeo
— Oliver (@OliverJMD) September 18, 2016
3. When you realised you’d drunk texted pretty much all of your friends and family.
A shouldn't be allowed a phone when am drunk a hate me
— jess🍍 (@jessmcgowann) September 20, 2016
4. And had to sift through all the messages to figure out the details of what actually happened that night.
5. When shots seemed like the only way to make things less awkward, but ended up making it worse.
6. And you remembered you told a load of near-strangers every embarrassing detail of your life in a game of never have I ever.
when I get too drunk at parties pic.twitter.com/Clf7vuOIJ0
— kitten (@livxmarie) September 8, 2016
7. So now you have a reputation and a nickname that you won’t live down for a while.
8. When your lengthy Snapchat story was all unflattering videos of you screaming song lyrics into the camera on nights out.
9. And you found loads of creepy face-swap photos saved on your phone with people you can barely even remember.
10. When you reached a point where you were still drunk from the night before at pre-drinks the next day.
11. When you kept having sobering flashbacks to yourself dancing in the club and getting way too into it.
When you wake up after a night out and get flashbacks 👀 pic.twitter.com/2H2NSui19Q
— Wahvicii (@RyanMcKevitt13) June 4, 2015
12. And then discovered one of your new “friends” had videoed you.
13. When you were too drunk to be using the Freshers group chat and wish somebody had stopped you.
I literally think I've scared half of the people away in my freshers group chat already
— Lily Moffatt (@Sundara_Lily) September 7, 2016
14. Or when you fooled yourself into thinking that you were sober enough to cook when you got in at 3am and then set the fire alarm off.
15. And just generally wreaked havoc in your new home.
When it's 5am and you break a load of glasses you're too drunk to clear up pic.twitter.com/b9EKdU6A4k
— kimberley (@kimberleyrolph) September 11, 2016
16. When you were still steaming at the Freshers’ Fair and ended up signing up to literally everything because you didn’t know what was going on.
So apperently I'm in the university's qudditch and Zumba teams…… don't go to a freshers fair drunk people
— Brown (@BrownAshraf) September 28, 2015
17. And then you almost couldn’t keep the free pizza down.
18. When you checked your bank balance at the end of the week and realised your student life was probably over.
Freshers week has broken both my body and my bank account
— Sc0tt Y0ung (@ScottY0ung) September 19, 2015
19. And you got ridiculously lost in town during the day because you’d never seen it sober.
20. When you had no memory whatsoever of making it home and actually felt quite scared for yourself.
When you're too drunk far away from home and amazingly wake up in your bed. pic.twitter.com/3WUQRZKlVP
— José Antonio (@JooseAntonioo) September 1, 2016
21. When you started to feel so shit all the time you couldn’t tell whether you finally had Freshers’ Flu or just another hangover.
Freshers has ruined me. Can't hack it 😖😷💀
— Robyn Weir (@robynweirx) September 22, 2016
22. And ended up not being able to even look at vodka any more.
But you’ll probably be out next week anyway. 💀