22 Times University Made You Question What You’d Signed Up For
There are some aspects of uni life you just didn’t sign up for.
1. When you learned the hard way that Freshers’ Flu doesn’t only affect freshers.
Don’t even breathe near me 😷
2. And that a lot of the stuff you were taught before uni was, in fact, incorrect.
Or only scratched the surface of what you needed to know.
3. When it felt warmer outside than it did in your student house.
you know you're in a student house when you're so cold that a house fire sounds like an absolute treat
— hollie (@hollie_eustace) November 12, 2016
4. Or when you wanted to eat healthy but never had the money, time or energy to make anything but pasta.
all I've achieved since starting uni is eating my body weight in pasta
— jess (@JessicaDivine_) October 21, 2016
5. When your lecturer only informed you the lecture had been cancelled just as you arrived onto campus.
6. Or when they just spent the whole hour reading from a slide.
7. Every time there was that awkward pause between them asking if anyone had a question and no one replying.
This wasn’t how you imaged your lectures would be.
8. Or they actually outright asked someone something about the topic at hand.
N o p e ✋
9. When your seminars were hours apart and you never knew whether to stay on campus or go home.
You couldn’t guarantee you’d get any work done either way so 😩
10. And when you always managed to end up with a 9am the day after the best night out of the week.
11. When you realised that printing wasn’t included in the cost of your tuition fees.
9K for uni but I still have to pay for printing ? 😊🙃
— aquarius 💫 (@LittOl_Louss) October 22, 2016
12. And that you couldn’t trust the library. At all.
When the library website says the book is there but you go to the shelf and it's not there 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
— Cameron Bunch (@Cambunch) October 23, 2015
13. When there was only one copy of several of the books on your reading list in the library.
Seems like a great idea 🤔
14. Or someone had scribbled on a page with the enlightening theory you thought you’d come up with yourself.
Is it even possible to be revolutionary any more?
15. When your lecturer kept plugging their own book all the time.
16. Or when you found out your grade from a group presentation would actually count towards your degree.
You cannot be held accountable for the work of other humans.
17. When you received your exam timetable to discover you had one at the weekend.
Shoutout to uni for putting an exam on the weekend
— FadzaiC (@MissFadzaiC) October 28, 2016
18. Or when an entire module was weighted on a single essay.
No pressure, then 😊
19. When you were being pushed to get work experience but also given more deadlines to meet.
20. Or when someone who had way worse attendance than you managed to get a first in something.
That’s great 🙂