24 Signs You Just Can’t Handle Any More Uni Essays
If you’re a student at uni and you have essays to write at the moment, you’ll probably already recognise these signs.
1. You have to bribe yourself to get started.
i bought myself smarties to bribe myself to write this essay i am WEAK
— poppy (@poppywt) January 8, 2016
2. But you don’t get very far before you end up like this:
me trying to get myself together and revise like… pic.twitter.com/tU8tbKpBBj
— brighty (izz) (@LoveForKel) March 20, 2016
3. You spend ages trying and failing to write a plan.
4. Which is a waste of time anyway because even if you have one it’s not like you stick to it.
5. The beginning of every new sentence feels like the beginning of the essay all over again.
6. And you often just find yourself staring at it rather than writing.
Staring at a blank page for 3 hours magically hoping it turns into an 8 page paper over night is ultimately the story of my life
— bec (@rebeccaluch) April 1, 2016
7. You reward yourself with a break every time you complete a sentence or two.
8. And the breaks go on for longer every time.
9. Whenever you read through what you have so far you feel like it doesn’t make any sense.
10. Or that you just can’t say what it is you want to say.
11. Because you’re not really sure what it is you want to say any more.
12. You occasionally feel like you’re making a great point until you read it back.
writing essays is largely me stopping in the middle of every paragraph trying to remember if I had a point
— cock suckerberg (@cleverbutmeh) April 4, 2016
13. And end up just wanting to write exactly what’s in your head.
You get marks for honesty, right?
Essays get me like pic.twitter.com/zdGgXiqpZS
— ~ m e g ~ (@MeganMchugh_) March 31, 2016
14. You start to
hope question whether everyone else is struggling this much.
15. And whether this means you shouldn’t really be at university.
Debating leaving uni just so I don't need to write this essay
— ° (@gemmmafx) April 4, 2016
16. You try convincing yourself that it’s just because you’re having a bad day.
17. But you’re sounding a little more hysterical every time you promise that it’ll be better tomorrow.
18. It doesn’t help that it seems like all the books you need from the library have been taken.
19. Or they’ve just disappeared into thin air.
IM COLLAPSED ON THE FLOOR THE LIBRARY SAYS IT HAS THE BOOK I NEED BUT ITS NOT ON THE SHELF WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE
— rin pan alley (@kyofshi) January 29, 2015
20. You almost feel like you don’t even care any more.
21. And start to plan excuses rather than actually try to make it better.
22. You genuinely can’t decide whether to write an apology note at the end of the essay.
23. Or an accusation.
“Look, if you didn’t want me to write a shit essay you really shouldn’t have set one.”
24. And to top it all off, you have more to write after this one.