26 Truths You Just Won’t Understand Unless You’ve Been To University
It’s all so much harder than you expected. 😰
1. You regularly wonder what you’ve gotten yourself into.
First day of uni got me like pic.twitter.com/Ow1bqY0I6h
— nevey b (@neveblaand) September 26, 2016
2. And quickly realise that independence isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
Actual me at uni pic.twitter.com/HBWTYrhFeb
— Mel B (@MelBorland_) June 14, 2016
3. You need more sleep now than ever before.
Me at uni basically pic.twitter.com/nXzpJ9EH7l
— emily (@themainemily) August 28, 2016
4. And you actually find yourself missing things like vegetables.
I swear to god my uni diet consists of cheese toasties
— Saskia (@SaskiaLong) September 27, 2016
5. You regularly question what exactly it is you’re paying for.
So I can't write my dissertation cause the uni library is packed. No computers, no laptops and nowhere to sit 😒
— Corinne Hudson (@Corinne_Hudson) April 7, 2016
6. But even the cost of your tuition fees won’t motivate you to go to all of your lectures.
Me RN over this 9am lecture pic.twitter.com/mMDq1Y0UWl
— melissa (@melissalilwood) November 4, 2014
7. You only read the bare minimum of your reading list.
when professors send out their summer reading list 3 weeks before school starts pic.twitter.com/nLWauGKfaS
— Addison (@adzlamb) July 20, 2016
8. And you’ll commit more housemate crimes than you thought you were capable of.
When ye resort to stealing your flatmate's milk during 1st year at uni & have to reevaluate who u even are anymore pic.twitter.com/bMdDauFDqs
— Sean (@WafcSean) August 24, 2016
9. You seem to spend more money on laundry than pretty much anything else.
8 pound to do laundry at uni???? be cheaper to go back newcastle to get it done
— Amy Nicholson (@amynicholsonxx) October 5, 2015
10. There will literally be no boundaries between you and your housemates.
How do you look your housemate in the eye when you heard them have sex the night before?😷
— Lucy (@bensiepie) September 26, 2016
11. And the passive aggression is real.
— Caoimhe Blair (@caoimheblair) October 12, 2015
12. You start to lose your chill over everything and nothing.
Going to have to return a book that is central to my essay back to the library because some absolute troll has requested it.
— Jennifer Sophie (@jennifersophiee) December 12, 2013
13. And sometimes feel less intelligent than you did at school.
Literally me at uni pic.twitter.com/kf2WZhIr8R
— Callum Robson (@CallumRobson96_) May 14, 2016
14. At the start of every module you’ll tell yourself “this is the one”, but it never will be.
15. And you pray every morning for that email saying your 9am has been cancelled.
— BORN-AGAIN KWAITO** (@2ChainlezChainz) January 13, 2016
16. The only page you’ll need from Google Books won’t be available.
17. And you’ll knowingly commit plagiarism at least once.
Definitely plagiarised half this essay #dontcare
— Xanthe PickfordAvery (@xanthe_19) January 18, 2013
18. You’ll frequently be convinced the world is out to get you.
When my 8am lecture, which I dragged my corpse across campus for,is cancelled at 7:57am. pic.twitter.com/n84ljRsoyB
— Frank Tomasso (@frank_tomasso) September 14, 2016
19. And you’ll be forced to question who your real friends are.
My housemate makes me late EVERY SINGLE DAY by jumping in the shower right before me and taking forever. Every day.
— Katie (@yatiekatess) April 20, 2016
20. You never seem to be on top of things.
21. And you become worryingly content with just scraping 40%.
High key knew my essay was shit but i had to submit it anyway 😅😅
— Flavio (@flaviosbleach) September 23, 2016
22. Your lowest mark will always be the one thing you actually tried really hard on.
23. Instead of doing work, you just worry about it.
*watches netflix happily*
*remembers exams, assignments, responsibilities*
*watches netflix stressfully*
— bea (@Iustkitty) September 23, 2016
24. And literally the only time you see anyone hot in the library is when you’re a 0/10 for the day.
When you see your crush in the library after studying for 6 hours cracked out on coffee and Cheetos pic.twitter.com/Sj8gVIqVdU
— jenny☮ (@jeennnaayy) March 2, 2016
25. You will feel betrayed by the uni prospectus photos.
Me at the start of uni vs now pic.twitter.com/XjK8iGhAZR
— Shannon (@shannonlindseyx) December 2, 2015