27 Excuses You Really Should Stop Using To Get Out of Doing Uni Work
All university students have loads of work to do, and all of them have made excuses like these to get out of doing it.
1. I just need to tidy my room first.
2. And I’ll just do that washing up I’ve been ignoring for a while now – it’s time.
Just did the washing up instead of revising👀 top procrastination
— Sarah Jacobs (@SarahLJacobs) January 13, 2015
3. I can’t possibly work until I’ve organised all of my lecture notes.
4. Maybe I’ll just get a snack.
5. I think I should finally update my laptop before I start – I don’t want it to crash and lose all my work, do I?
computer needs an update? oh what a shame I can't start work yet…
— Becky Edge (@bexy2412) October 14, 2011
6. I’ll check my emails too, just in case there’s anything important.
7. And I’ll have a ~quick~ glance at Facebook too.
Forever scrolling on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram when I should be revising👀
— Vicky Bruno (@vickybrunoo) May 13, 2015
8. I better reply to those messages now I’ve read them before I forget.
9. I need some music on – I’ll have to find a good playlist before I do anything else.
i spend longer finding a revision playlist than i do actually revising..
— E. (@gxrdenofeden) April 29, 2015
10. This is such a good song though, it would be rude not to give it my full attention.
11. I just need to rearrange some furniture.
Joey is me when I'm supposed to be revising😂 pic.twitter.com/NF5kmlnlVc
— chloë (@ChloeAlex123) May 16, 2015
12. And call my mum – I haven’t spoken to her for a while.
13. I’ll wait until the clock is on the hour, then it will be easier to keep track of time.
If you can force yourself to start revising and the time isn't on the hour or half past congrats
— megan (@meganellis_x) April 13, 2015
14. I’ve written the title, it must be time for a brew.
15. I should ask everyone else if they want one too.
16. I wish we had some biscuits. I’ll nip and get some.
I physically can't revise/work without an ample supply of tea and biscuits
— siân (@GhostOf_Eddie) March 10, 2015
17. I’ll just put the TV on for a 10 minute break.
18. I might as well watch ’til the end of the episode now.
19. I need to know what happens in the next one too, otherwise I won’t be able to concentrate.
Fml I'm 8 episodes in already and no essay done 😭
— kassy (@koolkass33) December 6, 2015