27 Stages of Sitting a University Exam You Didn’t Do Enough Revision For
We’ve all done it.
1. You arrive outside the exam hall, torn between just wanting to get this over with and wanting the floor to swallow you up forever.
2. Not that you admit this to anyone who asks how you’re feeling about it.
Me before the exam today: pic.twitter.com/nk2DSYJcAw
— Becca x (@Becca_walsh13) December 5, 2016
3. You think a desperate attempt to cram in some last-minute revision will help.
4. But the more you try to read, the less you seem to know.
Me trying to revise pic.twitter.com/nQNw36NXej
— Charlotte (@chrltsmnr) January 9, 2016
5. It doesn’t help that you can hear other people discussing things they’ve revised that you definitely haven’t.
6. So you just admit defeat and console yourself with the thought that this will at least all be over soon.
Me walking into my exam Tuesday pic.twitter.com/v7MGYs4LbQ
— Anna (@atylr) May 30, 2015
7. You walk into the exam hall like:
8. And sit down, wishing you’d never applied to university in the first place.
9. You locate where your friends are sitting and look over at them like:
10. And when the invigilators ask if you have any questions, you consider answering honestly.
11. It only takes one glance at the first page for you to make your mind up about how this is going to go.
12. And you genuinely consider actually just closing the paper and asking to leave.
13. You’ve barely written your first word when you hear other people frantically scribbling away and turning pages.
14. And it seems as though barely 10 minutes has gone by when someone’s already asking for more paper.
15. For a while you feel like you’re getting into the swing of things…
16. And even use the odd “thus” to make it seem as though you know what it is you’re talking about.
Me adding more words to my answer in the exam : pic.twitter.com/y2OMHCG7Yl
— xian (@Xi606) January 14, 2017
17. Until you read through what you’ve just written so far and discover it’s basically all near-unintelligible nonsense.
18. While you’re trying to salvage what’s left of your chances of a good degree, some people are already leaving.
19. But you still haven’t even figured out if some of these topics were actually on your syllabus.
20. You only looked at the clock two minutes ago, but a whole hour seems to have gone past.
21. And before you know it the invigilator is telling you there are only 15 minutes left.
22. By the time it’s over, you’re not entirely sure what’s just happened to you.
23. And you hand over your paper like:
me handing my professor my final exam pic.twitter.com/hgFAdVcpOc
— bitter spice (@cosmicbing) December 15, 2016
24. You’re practically already halfway towards the door when the invigilator tells your row to stand up.
Me leaving the exam hall pic.twitter.com/XnQLYcJI18
— m✨ (@GreyCybunny) December 21, 2016
25. And refuse to enter into any conversations about what has just transpired.
When people want to talk about the exam afterwards pic.twitter.com/pQgV2O6Rhk
— Megan Olley (@meganolley_) May 11, 2015
26. Because in the end all that’s left to do is to be thankful it’s all over…
Me before & after my exam pic.twitter.com/FxCxENSbWy
— Brittania Aguilar (@brettany18) December 14, 2016