30 Times Mary Berry Summed Up How You Feel About University
Life at university = “It’s not a mess, it’s informal.”
1. Every time you’re pretending to understand what’s going on in a lecture.
2. But then you look round at your friend like:
3. When the tutor says you should already know something because it was in a book on the reading list.
4. Whenever there’s free food on campus.
5. Or your friends suggest getting a takeout.
6. When there’s an awkward silence in a seminar and you don’t want to be picked on.
7. When you go home to a fully-stocked fridge.
— no context bake off (@nocontextgbbo) October 6, 2016
8. And have to make sure your parents don’t think university is ruining your innocence.
9. When you’re put in a group project with people you don’t really like.
10. Or when you take an essay plan you know is actual rubbish to your tutor and just have to sit and wait for the criticism you deserve.
11. Every time someone you’re not into hits on you but you don’t want to be rude.
12. When the SU drinks are super cheap but not up to your standards.
13. When you’re supposed to be working in the library but you’re too engrossed in someone’s loud conversation at the next table.
14. Or you didn’t realise how loud your library snacks were until it was too late.
15. Whenever anyone comes round to your house.
— no context bake off (@nocontextgbbo) September 7, 2016
16. When your friend arrives late to a lecture and you catch their eye on the way in.
— no context bake off (@nocontextgbbo) October 2, 2016
17. As soon as you realise there are snacks at predrinks.
18. And about five minutes after you said you were only having the one drink tonight:
19. When you’ve somehow made it to your 9am but you don’t know what’s going on or what day it is.
20. When your friend is having a mid-essay breakdown and you don’t know how to help them.
21. Or whenever you’re disgusted by people’s poor library etiquette.
Which is all the time.
— no context bake off (@nocontextgbbo) September 2, 2016