The University of Nottingham Has Been Named The Second Greenest University In The World
According to the results from the annual GreenMetric ranking by Universitas Indonesia, the University of Nottingham is the second greenest university in the world. The University is one of five UK institutions to have made it into the top 10 spots in the world ranking, suggesting that British universities are leading the way in the global effort to become more sustainable.
The rankings were awarded based on how universities performed against 6 main factors: setting and infrastructure, energy and climate change, waste, water, transportation and education.
Here are the top 10.
1. University of California Davis, USA
Total score: 8398
2. University of Nottingham, UK
Total score: 8079
3. Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
Total score: 7658
4. University of Connecticut, USA
Total score: 7602
5. University of Oxford, UK
Total score: 7591
6. University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Austria
Total score: 7386
7. Keele University, UK
Total score: 7254
8. University of California Berkeley, USA
Total score: 7156
9. Nottingham Trent University, UK
Total score: 7126
10. Newcastle University, UK
Total score: 7081
You can view the complete rankings here.