15 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at The University of Southampton
No one else gets it.
1. You’re immediately thrown into a fierce rivalry with Solent.
2. Which you have to take extremely seriously.
Because otherwise are you really a UoS student?
3. Automatically assuming everyone who lives in Glen Eyre is posh.
4. Or that if you hear people chanting they’re probably from Connaught.
5. The awkwardness of Bencraft literally being right next to a cemetery.
6. How stunning campus is.
Especially compared with Solent’s. 👀
7. Using the library as your main source of warmth during the harsh Southampton winters.
8. And resenting having to pay £2.50 for a coffee in there that tastes like bath water.
9. Having to wait at least 25 minutes for any piece of equipment in Jubilee Gym.
10. The Stag’s is THE place to go for a cheap pint on campus, even if they taste a bit funky.
11. And nothing beats a Thursday night there for karaoke.
12. There’s always a party happening on Alma Road.
13. And Jesters on a Monday is always a great idea.
14. The fear that you’re going to end up on the Tell Him/Tell Her page.
15. And the sadness you feel when you realise you’ll eventually have to leave.