19 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’ve Gone Back To Your Old Job After Uni
Going back to your old job after you’ve graduated is never easy…
1. You struggle to accept that returning to your old job is the best decision.
2. Because although it earns you some money, it also makes you feel like you’ve gone backwards.
3. People often don’t understand why you’re doing it.
“Don’t you have a degree now, though?”
4. And you find yourself having to justify your decision all the time.
5. While trying not to compare yourself with your friends who managed to get proper graduate jobs immediately.
6. You console yourself by promising that it’s only for a short time.
7. But secretly you’re worried you’ll just end up staying there, stuck in a stop-gap.
8. On your first day back, it unnerves you how much nothing has changed.
9. Except that pretty much none of your old work friends are there any more.
10. And your old manager has disappeared.
11. You hate that all the new staff think you’re a new starter.