17 Things Students From The Countryside Will Find Shocking When Studying In a City
If you’re a student from the countryside who’s studying in the city, prepare to have your mind blown by more than just your lectures.
1. The fact that more than two buses run per day.
2. And that you can often walk to wherever you need to go.
3. There’s such a thing as just nipping to the shop.
4. And you don’t have to wait hours for a takeaway.
If you can even get one at all at home.
5. The fact that pubs aren’t named solely after farm animals.
6. And that there are more buildings than trees.
7. Stopping at traffic lights every five seconds.
8. And the possibility of going out without seeing anyone you know. At all.
9. Wellies seem to be a fashion statement rather than a muddy necessity.
10. No one has log fires.
11. And the Wi-Fi actually works properly.
12. The local church doesn’t organise all the social activities.
13. And you have a choice of more than one local pub or nightclub for a night out.
14. You don’t have to pay a fortune for a taxi home.
15. And you don’t have to travel to the next town for the shops you actually want to shop in.
16. People from the city are often jealous of the fact that you come from somewhere no one has ever heard of.
17. And, as much as you love the city life, you learn to appreciate going home to the countryside more than you ever thought you would.
— ChronicHead (@ChronicM9) May 28, 2016