20 Things You Miss About The University of South Wales Now You’ve Graduated
It doesn’t take long before you start to miss it.
1. The fact that you’re part of a massive student family that stretches over the whole of South Wales.
2. And that all campuses offer a different experience.
3. From the bright lights of Cardiff.
4. To the rolling hills of Treforest.
5. Being able to say you’ve actually been to the ‘Valleys’ and it’s really nice there*.
*most of the time 😅
6. The parties at the SUs.
7. Receiving a daily Welsh lesson in the Atrium lifts.
“Mynd i Fyny’ ‘Mynd i lawr”
8. Not needing to pay for the gym thanks to the Treforest halls hill.
9. Having puppies come to visit you on a regular basis.
10. Being able to roll out of bed and straight into lectures in less than 5 minutes if you lived at Liberty Bridge.
11. And listening to Dragon Radio all the time.
12. The stunning architecture.
13. And the legendary Atrium stairs.
Although you won’t miss the dizziness from walking up them.
14. Curing a hangover by eating a fry up or chicken curry ‘half & half’ at the Randy Dragon.
15. Going to A+ guest lectures by people that have your career goals.
So January is almost over 💔 This month has been busy (in the best way possible), thrilling and oh so rewarding. There were so many amazing opportunities this month, including producing TV and radio shows each day, reporting from locations with other journalists from Sky, BBC and ITV (I fangirled!) and having my work broadcast on TV 🙊 But one of the most exciting moments had to be interviewing Sky News presenter Lorna Dunkley, who was absolutely lovely! It's funny to think that last year, I was dreading being editor/producer in the news days, and then ended up absolutely loving it! 😂 Truthfully, as annoying as the 8am starts and 6pm finishes were, I know that tomorrow morning, I'm totally gonna miss not having to get a show or a bulletin together! Here's to the rest of 2016, and the hope that all the hard work in January continues through the year and pays off! 🙏🏻
16. The music scene on campus.
17. This place 🙌
18. And this one.
19. Basically, you miss everything about it.
20. And you always will. 😭
Life at USW was great, but your life as a graduate can be just as good.
All you need is to find the right graduate job. Register with GradTouch today and start looking for yours today 🎓🎉