11 Struggles You’ll Only Know If You Look A Lot Younger Than You Are
Looking younger than you actually are shouldn’t be a struggle. And yet it is.
1. No one ever believes you when you tell your age.
"You look way younger than you are" Gee thanks haven't heard that one before
— Emily Whitnell (@emwhit14) August 5, 2015
2. Often to the point where they basically imply you are wrong. Or lying.
When everyone thinks I'm either 16 or 17, then I hit them with that "I'm 20" they think I'm lying.. K.😂😂😂😂
— Bee (@BeeAngelMarie) February 8, 2016
3. You are frequently asked if you skipped a year or two of education.
"Are you in high school?" No, I'm in university. "Oh! You look so young." FOREVER BEING TOLD I LOOK YOUNGER THAN I AM..
— shar (@sharicopter) May 14, 2014
4. But you’re then also informed that you seem mature for your age.
Soooo I look too young but also seem too mature. Good. Great.
5. Constantly being asked for your ID everywhere you go.
Because apparently everyone thinks you’re still a child.
did I seriously, seriously just get ID'd for a fucking lottery ticket 🙃🙃🙃🙃
— Osman Comar (@ComarOsman) January 22, 2016
6. Or having people assume that your ID is fake. Realistic, but fake.
Yeah, you’re right. This isn’t me. This is me in the future.
7. Except when you might actually benefit from people not believing you, of course.
Gutted that I got charged for an adult fare on the bus for the first time when I've always gotten away with getting on as a child 🙄
— Suman (@suman_jaspal) February 5, 2016
8. Forever being subjected to jokes about how young you look.
Made worse if you’re shorter than average, too.
9. And reassurances that you’ll appreciate it all when you’re older.
10. Sometimes, you just feel like taking your birth certificate out with you.
11. And sometimes you don’t know whether to laugh or cry when someone uses the word babyface to describe you.
Why does it even matter how young you look?!
NO SERIOUSLY CAN PEOPLE STOP ASSUMING IM SO MUCH YOUNGER THAN I AM.
— Emily (@Exemplar_) December 22, 2014