14 Signs University Sports Really Aren’t Your Thing
Taking up a sport at university is an undeniably great way to meet new people, make new friends and keep fit. But it’s not for everyone.
1. You’re not into early starts.
— Phoebe Jephson (@PJephson) February 23, 2014
2. Or late night practices; they cut into your doing nothing time.
3. You don’t really have any time for intense team rivalries.
4. And you just can’t bring yourself to take it as seriously as everyone else seems to.
5. Especially when it comes to bizarre team initiations.
For one of the initiations into a sports society at my uni guys had to jump into a paddling pool of sick and piss 🙂 enjoy that information
— Natalia (@houmouscrisps) December 3, 2015
6. The terms ‘communal’ and ‘changing room’ should not go together any more, in your opinion.
7. And you’re definitely not prepared to change your diet for any sports team.
I’ll eat cake and exercise if I want to.
8. You’re not really sure you’re willing to put the time in, to be honest.
Practices, plus matches, plus socials, plus the hangovers lefts over from the socials…
9. Especially in bad weather.
10. Or at the weekend.
11. And you’ve also grown quite fond of your Wednesday afternoon
revision time sofa dates.
You want me to use energy? On a Wednesday? Errrrm.