22 Stages of a Vensday Night Out Every Kent Student Will Recognise
If you’ve never gone all-out for Vensday, are you even a Kent Uni student?
1. Convincing every single one of your friends that it’s a good idea.
There’s always one that says they have “work to do” – as if that’s what university is for.
2. Making that all-important outfit decision.
Jk. It’s Vensday. You could wear literally anything and still be deemed to have made an effort.
3. Finally deciding it’s time for pres, and obviously going hard because it’s a Wednesday.
4. But wasting the majority of the time you have trying to decide which drinking games to play.
And always ending up playing a game of Never Have I Ever that gets more personal as the term goes on.
5. Getting ready to experience your journey to the club in one of Disco Dave’s taxis.
If you haven’t had him, get him: Canterbury’s premium taxi service, complete with strobe-lighting and a playlist the person riding shotgun gets to control.
6. But somehow always being surprised when he gets to your house for the time you asked him to get to your house.
And having to down the drink you poured 30 seconds ago.
7. Realising how packed it is inside and really wishing you’d brought a coat for while you’re waiting to get in.
The queue goes basically all the way back to Beckett 😱😭
8. When you finally make it inside, there’s only one place to be: the shots bar.
Because there’s nothing like the face you pull after a tequila to attract a potential mate.
9. And then one of the squad inevitably trips up the singular step between the shots bar and the stage.
*Looks round to check if anyone saw* *Realises everyone saw*
10. Getting to that part of the night where you’ve lost your entire group and have to use the stage as a lookout point.
How can EVERYONE disappear?
11. Finally being reunited with the squad and proceeding to own the stage like you’re there to perform for the whole club.
12. Reaching the ’90s pop phase of the playlist.
Which means some absolute classics.
13. And getting just about tipsy enough to start doing the Cha-Cha Slide.
14. Noticing the price of jagerbombs seems to have gone up since you first entered the club.
I thought this was a club, not the stock exchange.
15. But being distracted by participating in the mandatory group hug when they play the final song.
Wonderwall always gets emotional at 2:30 after 11 vodka-lemonades.
16. The entire club migrates on mass from the dancefloor to the Essentials hatch.
17. And they’ve always run out of cheeseburgers by the time you get there.
18. Looking at the queue for cabs and deciding Hales Place isn’t actually that far away.
Screw this, I’m walking.
19. Waking up the next morning in your housemate’s bed with the Ocakbasi pizza you ordered at 3am because everywhere else was shut.
20. And remembering you basically had a photoshoot with the club photographer.
Happens every time. And now they’re all on Facebook for the world to see.