17 Things You’ll Relate To If You’re Currently On a Graduate Scheme
Just because you’re a graduate, it doesn’t mean being on a graduate scheme will come naturally to you.
1. You thought you’d enjoy living the life of a working graduate with real responsibility…
2. And although you do enjoy it sometimes…
3. There are also lots of things you don’t enjoy. Such as the early starts.
You honestly find the thought of waking up early 5 times a week for the rest of your life absolutely disgusting.
4. And only having 25 days off for the entire year.
But… But we had nearly 4 months off for summer at uni!
5. And discovering how much of your paycheck doesn’t actually go to you.
6. Even though you’re a graduate on a graduate scheme, you’re often secretly unsure you’re qualified for the responsibility you’ve been given.
The clue’s in the name, but you still have a serious case of imposter syndrome going on.
7. You’ve had a lot to learn in a very short space of time.
Suddenly, uni seems very easy.
8. And you have even tighter deadlines than ever before.
Why did I ever moan about two deadlines in one month?!
9. The money’s good, it’s just a shame you have to work for it.
10. You ask yourself each and every day whether you’d actually prefer to go back to university and put off being an adult for a bit longer.
11. But now that you’ve had a taste of salaried adult life, it’s hard to imagine going back to having no money.
12. You feel incredibly old when your friends who are still students visit you, so full of energy and creativity.
13. As much as you might still feel like a student, you certainly can’t hack working on a hangover like you could at uni.
14. You’ve realised that just because you’re on a graduate scheme, it doesn’t mean you’re going to find it easy.
What with you being a graduate and everything.