15 Problems Every 2016 Grad Is Currently Facing On a Daily Basis
2016 hasn’t long been over, but if that’s the year you graduated, you’ll probably be encountering the following problems on a daily basis.
1. The emotional fallout that occurs whenever you accidentally refer to yourself as a student.
2. Wondering when it stops being OK to use your recent student experience as an excuse for everything.
Poor eating habits, living nocturnally, never cleaning up, having no money…
3. Or for how long you can feasibly get away with calling yourself a recent graduate.
4. How unsure you are of your ability to adapt to adult life.
5. Kind of hating yourself whenever you feel jealousy rather than happiness for your friends who are doing better than you.
“Oh, you got a new job? And engaged? That’s great 🙂”
6. Not understanding how you can have a degree but can’t make head nor tail of how taxes actually work.
7. And also struggling to translate the majority of the wording in job descriptions.
So. Much. Jargon.
8. Feeling like you were lied to by your university when it’s experience an employer wants, not a degree.
9. Constantly thinking about going back to uni to avoid the real world under the guise of it being to further your education.
10. Feeling unacceptably old whenever Facebook shows you a memory from your student days.
11. Wondering what’s gone wrong if you’ve got to the end of the day without having at least 12 existential crises.
12. Not being able to get your head around how anyone manages to save money as an adult.
13. And why free time no longer seems to exist.
Even when you’re not “busy” you feel as though there’s something you should still be doing.