18 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at Lancaster University
Roses are red 🌹🌹
1. Being able to boast that your campus has not just one bar, but nine.
2. And you’ll have crawled it countless times before your time at Lancaster is up, doing the whole stretch from County to Grad.
3. Settling in and immediately feeling the intense college rivalry in Freshers’ Week.
4. Only to find out no one cares once the week is up.
5. But you definitely hold onto the hatred you feel for York all year round.
Bet their campus doesn’t have 9 bars 👎👎
6. Everyone gets caught up in the Roses hype, even if they have no interest in sports.
7. And it’s hard not to get carried away at Freshers’ Fair when you see how many societies there are to choose from.
Especially when you realise there’s a Disney Society, a Lego Society and a Magic and Circus Society.
8. That feeling when you hit Pendle bar and realise you and the squad are the only people there.
9. Until Thursday, when Pendle Live brings some life to the place.
10. Having to brave the trek from south west campus to main campus, and vice versa, is unreasonably challenging.
11. And you’re always a little bit jealous of people who live in Bowland, because they can wake up five minutes before their lecture and still make it on time.
Unlike the rest of us, who inevitably get caught in slow-moving traffic on The Spine.
12. Developing a slight obsession with ducks, and being spammed with photos of the ducklings when spring time comes around.
13. Spending the majority of the year living off a mixture of Pizzetta, Sultans and emergency Spar trips.
14. Having to make the difficult choice between Sugar, Hustle and Dalton.
And occasionally considering Bentleys.
15. You can usually base your decision on either the day of the week or the universally understood expense/drunkness ratio.
16. But you will always be able to be swayed by £1 shots at Hustle.
17. You spend all your years at uni promising you’ll go to the Lake District at some point and probably never get round to it.
18. But it’s alright, because you’re pretty happy with everything you’ve got right here in Lancaster.
It’s the best place to be a student 😍