10 Things Your Parents Won’t Let You Do Now You’re Not at University
Just as you were getting used to all the freedoms of living away at university, the academic year ends and you’re dragged back home to a life of demands and schedules.
1. Stay in bed until 1pm.
We need time to adjust, okay? Leave us be.
2. And nap throughout the day.
3. Watch Jeremy Kyle.
How else am I supposed to feel better about my life?
4. Or Catfish, Bargain Hunt or any other daytime TV show.
Apparently you have to “be productive” and “do something with your life”.
5. Play Jenga with the Bin.
6. And only wash up when completely necessary.
If you haven’t resorted to eating out of pans and drinking out of Tupperware, it’s too soon to wash up.
7. Eat when you want.
These rigid meal times aren’t agreeing with your body clock.
8. Watch more than 3 consecutive hours of Netflix.
Everyone’s judging you.
9. Have cereal for dinner.
10. Spend all your money on takeaway and alcohol.
And we were just getting used to the free life.