11 Things You Should Do Now You’ve Got In To University
YOU DID IT, YOU’RE IN.
The grades came through and so has your undergraduate confirmation. Now it’s time to prepare for the biggest change in your life.
1. Go immediately to IKEA and let your parents buy you all the things
A rite of passage you don’t want to miss out on.
2. Apply for halls before they’re all taken
You don’t want to end up living away from all the fun.
3. Join uni groups
Wouldn’t want to miss all the latest freshers news, would you?
4. Facebook stalk your new course mates
And when you’ve been given a place in halls you can nosey on your flatmates too!
5. Make sure your student loans are sorted
Boring, but you certainly don’t want to be that person whose loan was late meaning they couldn’t go out during freshers’ week.
6. Buy a laptop and a printer, if you don’t have them already
Your flatmates will have to get up really early to print something out from the library. You can do it from bed as you laugh at your ill-prepared peers.
7. Practice your drinking game skills
Because you want friends, right?
8. Figure out which posters you’re going to take with you
One of the most difficult decisions you’ll ever make. Posters play a major part in people’s first impressions of you and the wrong one could scare people away. When in doubt; choose life, choose Trainspotting.
9. Like all the pages
A fresher not active on Facebook is a fresher left behind.
10. Remind your parents that you’ll soon be leaving at every opportunity
Do this and you’ll get special treatment. No more chores, tasks or nagging – you’re the star child.
11. Celebrate like never before. After all, you’ve earned it.
Hey, you just got into uni and you’re proud – let everyone know about it! It’s never been more applicable to drunkenly embrace that guy you haven’t spoken to since you fell out in year 7, he’s dying to hear all about your soon-to-be undergraduate status.
And if someone tells you to slow down, move away from them. You don’t need negative comments at a time like this.