14 Things That Will Be Completely Useless After You Finish University
You accumulate a lot of stuff over your university years. You don’t realise just how much of it is useless until you have to lug it back home again.
1. The 10 thousand posters that are hanging in every room of your student house.
If you think your mum will let you hang “101 cocktails” on her living room wall, you’re in for a shock.
2. Three of four years’ worth of lecture notes.
Good for a reminisce every now and then as you flick back and see just how little you paid attention…
3. And all the folders full of things you haven’t looked at since you put them in there.
Power Point slides, essays, study guides… you’ve probably contributed quite a bit to the deforestation of the Amazon.
4. That section of your wardrobe that is dedicated to fancy dress costumes and props.
Every student has one by the end of uni.
5. Your ability to Harvard Reference.
You would be mad, but you’re just happy you’ll never have to do it again.
6. If you bought one, a printer.
Perfect when everyone else had to rush to the library to print. Not so perfect when you have to carry it home.
7. Your student card.
You’ll never feel the same again after it expires.
8. And all those student discount emails you signed up for.
9. Holiday decorations you bought for your student house/flat.
The world’s skinniest Christmas Tree and some blow up Halloween ghosts will probably be left in a cupbard for the next generation.
10. The 2,000 photos you’ve been tagged in over the years.
You don’t want any potential employee accidentally stumbling across those. Time to hide them all.
11. Your house’s collection of empty alcohol bottles.
You can’t remember when it started or why. All you know is that your recycling bin isn’t big enough.
12. All those communal kitchen things you bought.
You spent good vodka money on those pans. For nothing.
13. The websites you have bookmarked.
Blackboard, Portal, your university email (which expires soon).
14. But worst of all: 90% of the things you learnt.
Never again will you use the word “Cartesian,” and your habit of pointing out pathetic fallacy will get you nowhere in Recruitment.