15 Times Living With Your Parents Made You Feel Like a Teenager Again
For the majority, there is only one certainty after finishing university and that is moving back home with your parents.
After at least three years of freedom and partial independence there is nothing you want less in life right now, but alas, you’re poor and clueless and without options.
The first few days are ~fine. You have a full stomach and clean clothes on your back, but the novelty of that wears off quickly and you’re soon descending back into the gloomy, grumpy and unreasonable days of your teenage self.
1. When they complained about how late you sleep in.
2. Every time they nagged about your job applications.
“Have you done your homework” flashbacks.
3. When they ate at stupid times meaning you had to eat at stupid times.
4. Whenever you couldn’t go out without being asked at least 15 questions.
Who, where, what, why, and when will you be back?
5. When they went shopping and came back with nothing good.
“You spent £100, how is there nothing to eat!?”
6. Whenever they walk into your room.
Privacy? What’s that?
7. And every time they tried to tidy it.
AKA throw away everything you hold dear.
8. When they tried to talk to you in the morning and you just couldn’t.
9. When they catch you watching Netflix and suggest you aren’t trying hard enough to find a job.
10. When they complained about how much you’re costing them and how little rent you’re paying (none).
11. Every time an argument ended with you slamming a door.
That’s it. You’re officially 17 again.