15 Times You Said ‘Yes’ at University But Really Should Have Said ‘No’
“SURE WHY NOT” – Do yourself a favour and say no once in a while.
1. When you had so much work to do but your housemate said, “pub?”
Why did I think it was a great idea to go to the pub yesterday😩 I HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO
— Jessica Collins (@jesscollinsxo) April 15, 2015
2. When you agreed to live in a terrible student house because of panic.
So ready to not live in a student house anymore 💩💩💩💩
— Luke Williams (@Luke_Williams0) April 18, 2016
3. When your lecturer asked if you were following what they were saying.
when you have no idea what's going on in your lecture but the prof looks at you so you nod and smile pretending you understand and agree
— sarah (@saraahdiiorio) March 13, 2015
4. Whenever anyone suggested going out for “just one drink”.
I can never go out for "just one drink". 1 drink always leads to 5-8 shots of tequila, an injury and 4 people I can't look in the eye again.
— Halle Siegel (@h_alleee) April 28, 2016
5. And when you had a lecture at 9 in the morning but someone shouted “shots!”
I definitely wasn't thinking about my 9am lecture when I had those 2685789 sambuca shots last night
— Ashley Pledger (@pledgerrr) September 21, 2015
6. When Netflix asked if you were still watching.
Yes Netflix I am still watching thanks for reminding me of what a lazy piece of shit I am😅
— GusBus (@gustavoloza11) April 28, 2016
7. At Freshers’ Fair when someone said, “Hey! Do you want to sign up?”
still get so many emails from all the societies i joined in freshers week, fkn kayaking club wtf henna
— ❁henna❁ (@hxnna_) February 25, 2016
8. When you were poor AF and someone suggesting getting a Domino’s.
No matter how poor I am there always seems to be money for a dominos????
— magz (@maggie_storrar) April 22, 2016
9. When your parents called and asked if you were coping with living independently.
When my parents ask me about how I'm doing at Uni… pic.twitter.com/Ve6e1nV1Jl
— MBA (@Bojassim12) April 20, 2016
10. When your personal tutor asked if you were on top of everything.
end of term meeting with my tutor aka lying and saying everything's fine and that I am in control of my uni work ::)
— rosie (@_rxsieb) March 18, 2016
11. When your parents asked if they could visit the day after a big night out.
Of course my parents plan a surprise visit on the day after the most ratchet night of my life
— Sarah (@sarahhh_1317) February 1, 2015
12. When you were in the library trying to revise and your friend said, “should we just go?”
In the library ready to say fuck it all and just go home and sleep
— J (@jvz_xx) March 15, 2016
13. When you should’ve been writing an essay but your housemates suggested a movie marathon.
Supposed to be doing my essay due tmrw but I'm having a Harry Potter movie marathon 😂😊
— Agnes Paiena (@aggypaiena) August 27, 2015
14. Whenever anyone suggested playing Ring of Fire AGAIN.
If I play ring of fire one more time this week I think I actually might die
— amy (@amyy_claire) July 30, 2014
15. And when you were an absolute mess and the club photographer asked if you wanted your photo taking.
AW FUCK SAKE. Went and got a fucking photo at club last night didn't i. Why I do this to myself I'll never know. Gonna be howling.
— Hayley Boyd (@HayleyEllams_x) April 10, 2014