16 Realities of Being a University Student You’re Probably Not Proud of
University isn’t all books and qualifications. There’s also a lot of stuff you don’t want other people to know about.
1. If it weren’t for ~responsibilities~ you could sleep literally all day.
The reality of uni life is setting an alarm for 5pm to make sure you're awake
— Sav. (@SavannahClawson) April 19, 2016
2. You’re independent. But that doesn’t mean anyone acts like an adult.
Uni reality pic.twitter.com/rEeXeLaMV7
— Jonathan J. Mackley (@JonnyMackley) November 7, 2015
3. You literally never start an essay early. Then when you finally do it looks a lot like this.
4. Being a student is about knowing exactly what you should be doing. But never doing it.
the reality of getting into uni has hit me pic.twitter.com/8HaNuuY3jC
— shan (@shaannthompson) April 2, 2016
5. And uni doesn’t actually make you feel much smarter.
when I talk about uni I have the habit of trying to make myself sound like a literary scholar. This is the reality pic.twitter.com/cNDZAiUSjD
— Rosie (@WilsonRosie2) November 24, 2015
6. Except you do have a great ability to beat the system and save money.
If uni has taught me one thing… pic.twitter.com/4IfmpyfUlk
— Mills (@MillieA2012) March 20, 2016
7. Because there is never any money. Ever.
me @ uni: pic.twitter.com/DkT8exYEkx
— hol (@hollytem) March 19, 2016
8. There’s no such thing as a clean kitchen.
Reality of uni life pic.twitter.com/Bz716JhAy8
— charlotte (@babie_spice) March 2, 2015
9. This is how you spend most of your life.
probs me at uni after i spent all my student loan on alcohol pic.twitter.com/iquvn8mhO8
— ems (@emswilson_) August 20, 2014
10. You rarely ever have any shame.
This is what uni is really like 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/d0ogwgdMEq
— John Yates (@JohnYates1997) November 18, 2015
11. You’ve considered dropping out more times than you’re willing to admit.
Me: omg I love my subjects the content is so interesting
Uni: now write a report about it
Me: *considers dropping out*
— Jasmine Miles (@jesmenmiles) April 20, 2016
12. Half the shit you read makes no sense to you whatsoever.
Reading uni books like pic.twitter.com/NtC6JAZn2Q
— The Daily Touch (@TheDailyTouch) April 13, 2016
13. You do miss home. But only because food.
14. You never really feel prepared for anything.
Uni assignments creeping up to me like pic.twitter.com/IfPtC0AK8N
— conor (@InYourConor) April 11, 2016
15. Least of all graduation.
Me when thinking about graduation pic.twitter.com/pb2vAsskuM
— Meredith McBroom (@mere_mere3) April 18, 2016
16. And if your parents could see you at any given point, you’d probably look like this.
Uni this month got me like 😩 pic.twitter.com/i9kyWUjH4Q
— tenKris (@krissyldn) April 12, 2016