16 Things You Really Should Know By The End of Uni But Don’t
University is a time for soaking up knowledge. But some things escape you even after so many years.
1. How to cook pasta. And Rice.
You’ve been practising practically every day for three years and it’s still no good.
2. Who the head of your university is.
3. Which compartment of the washing machine you put the detergent into.
Tablets. Always buy the tablets.
4. How a boiler works.
And what to do when it breaks.
5. How to prevent a hangover.
Though, to be fair, nobody really knows this.
6. How much interest your student loan is accumulating.
7. What people at your SU actually do.
You voted them in, but have no real idea why.
8. How to manage your time appropriately.
Still typing away at 5am on deadline day? Yeah.
9. How to pour an accurate measure.
10. How often you’re supposed to defrost a freezer.
And how you do it without flooding your house…
11. How to Harvard Reference without using an online tool.
(and losing your shit)
12. How to talk to people without being awkward.
Social skills? Yeah… no.
13. What can and can’t be recycled.
“Can you recycle cling film?”
14. How to write an essay without getting the green line on Microsoft Word.
15. How the Stacks work.
And how to use them without getting crushed.
16. And what it is you actually want to do with your life.
You thought it would have come to you by now but it didn’t, and people won’t stop asking you. HELP.