17 Really Important Things You Actually Learnt In Your First Year of University
Who knew first year of university would be so insightful. 🤔🤔🤔
1. That no matter how smart you thought you were, it wasn’t enough.
first year of uni has just taught me that I'm now where near as smart as I thought I was
— lisa (@_lisaread) May 20, 2016
2. But that’s okay because…
Being a first year university student has really taught me that C's really do get degrees…
— Christina Momplaisir (@CTMomplaisir) November 3, 2015
3. It taught you these two truths.
First year of uni done, I've learnt that naps are essential and I'll never run out of money for alcohol
— Asaad Qureshi (@asaad_qureshi_) May 23, 2016
4. How to avoid flyers and being stopped on your way to campus.
If my first year at uni has taught me anything it has taught me how to be a pro at swerving people who hand out flyers 🏃🏃🏃
— fern (@FernRapson) April 29, 2015
5. That cheese is expensive AF.
The 2 main things 1st year at uni has taught me 1) say no to the ring of fire 2) cheese costs a bomb.
— emma coar (@emmacoar_) May 30, 2013
6. You’re not as independent as you hoped you would be.
First year of uni has taught me that I'm not the best at looking after myself 👍🏻
— Nat (@Natalie_Ballett) May 18, 2016
7. And what happens when you try to be.
First year of uni just taught me how to be fat and poor tbh
— vic (@dunnoxo) June 12, 2015
8. But it did teach you how to get shit done in a hurry.
Essays and getting ready. Always last minute.
I think the biggest thing I've learnt from first year at uni is how to get ready for a night out in less than half an hr😅
— sian (@sian_ohara) May 12, 2016
9. First year has shown you the worst of people.
my first year at u of w has taught me that uni students don't know how to flush toilets/wear deodorant and bake sale solicitors are vicious
— Shannon Furness (@shanfurness) March 31, 2016
10. And that no one ever really leaves school.
If anything, my first year of uni has taught me that it is in fact possible for me to fuck about more than I did at school
— Sophie Hayes (@sophiehaayes) April 24, 2015
11. It’s taught you what your true skills are.
If there's anything first year of uni taught me its to not procrastinate although it has also taught me that I'm really good at it🙃
— arden☯ (@arden_rice) March 31, 2016
12. And that sleeping is most definitely one of them.
my first year of uni taught me how to fall asleep in a variety of public places for several hours without feeling embarassed afterwards
— caitlyn quartarone (@caitquartarone) March 23, 2016
13. Fresher year taught you to love (and hate) alcohol.
Didn't learn a lot my first year of uni but I did learn that I love tequila shots
— Alanna Lutz (@AlannaLutz) April 29, 2016
14. That good food is rare.
the most useful thing my first year at uni has taught me is how to survive off breadsticks and pasta.
— Erin (@ErinJones95) June 1, 2015
15. And that Daytime TV is everything.
If first year of uni has taught me anything about myself it's that I eat too many crumpets and watch too much come dine with me
— liv (@livennor) May 12, 2015
16. Really, you’ve learnt a lot more than you thought you would.
First year at uni has taught me: napping is key to not going insane, you share everything with your flat mates and alcohol solves everything
— British Idiot ⚽ (@Benski97) May 6, 2016
17. Your parents will be proud.
Uni has taught me
1) You can leave essays til the night before
2) Budgeting always fails
3) I'm gonna have to try harder next term
— University Taught Me (@UniTaughtMe) December 15, 2015