19 People You Learn To Love at University
Someone buy these people a drink, they deserve it.
1. The flatmate who brought a big TV and a bunch of video games.
2. And the other flatmate who brought a car.
And doesn’t hesitate to take you to McDonald’s when you’re all hungover.
3. Lecturers who put their slides on Blackboard so you can actually listen to what they have to say instead of scribbling down notes.
4. The friend who adds your name to the register when you just can’t drag yourself out of bed.
5. Whoever invented Google Books.
6. The bouncer who didn’t ban you from the club despite you being a horrible shouty mess.
7. The friend behind the bar who occasionally slips you some extra change or gives you cheap drinks.
8. Anyone who’s ever let you copy their notes.
9. The cleaners in halls. Despite how much they hate you.
You only realise this of course when you move into a house and have to clean up after yourself.
10. The IT team who somehow managed to recover your 5,000 word essay after you forgot to save it.
11. The owners of every 24 hour shop in town.
12. And if there’s a second hand book shop, you’ll love them too.
Brand new: £1 million. Second hand: £7.49
13. The housemate with the printer.
Unless they try to charge you.
14. And the one who thought to bring an airer / clothes horse.
That everyone uses.
15. That one guy you can always rely on to bring a decent sound system to parties and pre-drinks.
16. Any friend who works with food and brings home free stuff all the time.
17. That person on your course who asks the questions you’re too afraid to bring up.
18. The Domino’s pizza delivery guy.
19. And of course, your parents.
“Hiii… yeah, I need some more money.”
Where would we be without them?