19 Problems That Are Currently Haunting Every Recent Uni Graduate
It’s hard to adjust to life after university. The graduate struggles are all too real.
1. You thought you had it hard at uni, but now you have much bigger things to worry about.
Love waking up and not having to think about exams. Only have to think about the slight problem of what to do with my life #graduateproblems
— Pippa Harflett (@pipster_95) June 26, 2016
2. Going through the process of erasing your student status online.
Changing all your social media bios to "drama graduate" instead of "drama student" and having a small panic attack #graduateproblems
— Abi Abrahams (@AbiAbrahams1) July 6, 2016
3. Dealing with the all the questions without having an existential crisis.
— Jack Cook (@JackAlbertCook) July 1, 2016
4. Being reminded that you actually are massively in debt.
— HanBan (@lnstaban) June 12, 2015
5. And just wanting to run away from it all – but not being able to afford it.
— AnishDRai (@anishDRai) May 8, 2016
6. The unfair reality that you are poorer than ever yet no longer get discount.
Just a thought… If shops can do a 10% student discount, why can't they do a 50% unemployed graduate discount?! #graduateproblems
— Megan (@meganbloomfield) January 19, 2016
7. This soul destroying routine.
My day consists of: waking up- spending all day on Indeed – going to bed #graduateproblems
— Ed Dixon (@eddddixon) July 6, 2016
8. Coming to terms with the fact that you will never have enough experience for the good jobs…
— Harriet B – W (@imHarrietBW) February 22, 2016
9. But somehow having a degree means you are too experienced for the part-time jobs.
Being told you're "over qualified" for a job is the biggest piss take ever. #graduateproblems
— Robert Poole (@WeDoItPrimo) July 5, 2016
10. Reading this. Every day.
— Beth Conway (@bethanconway) April 26, 2016
11. The amount of time it actually takes to properly apply for jobs.
Filling in job applications is a full time job in itself #graduateproblems
— Matt Barnes (@mattbarnes95) July 5, 2016
12. Having to deal with your parents again.
When your dad keeps asking you about what you want to do with your life pic.twitter.com/2C49J3DwK9
— Gavin & Stacey React (@GavStaceyReacts) August 21, 2015
13. Your friends being sly and applying for the same job as you.
And if they get it and you don’t then ☺️☺️gr8☺️☺️
It's official. Friend got job I interviewed for. Happy for him but bummed I still have to job hunt. #graduateproblems
— Kim (@berly123) July 3, 2015
14. Getting notifications like this.
LinkedIn: new job 4 u! painter n decorator
Me: ah yes perfect job #graduateproblems
— Issy Mendoza (@issydiddler) September 16, 2015
15. And having to at least attempt to remain positive about everything.
Just celebrated a nice rejection email #graduateproblems
— Rosie Lythgoe-Cheeth (@ellotreacle52) October 6, 2015
16. Realising before long that your student overdraft won’t be interest free forever.
Dipping into my overdraft was such a good idea as a student until 18 months after graduation and it's still there #graduateproblems
— Jeni-FarFar (@JenJenarr) April 2, 2016
17. And you can’t even drink to forget because your tolerance to alcohol has gone way down.
5 pints last night and I'm still hungover. What has become of me #graduateproblems
— Adam Hill (@adamhill__) December 6, 2015
18. Struggling to hold it together when you think about how much you miss uni.
actually miss my uni friends and flat mates so much 🙁🙁🙁
— ✨ abs ✨ (@abbieshandy) July 11, 2016
19. Which is made even worse when 18 year olds start talking about how excited they are to start.
All these people going back to uni and I'm just here like "I have nothing to do in my life" #graduateproblems
— Angela Lofthouse (@AngelaE_94) September 13, 2015