19 Problems That Are Currently Haunting Every Recent Uni Graduate
It’s hard to adjust to life after university. The graduate struggles are all too real.
1. You thought you had it hard at uni, but now you have much bigger things to worry about.
— Beki (@BekiAlice) May 25, 2014
2. Going through the process of erasing your student status online.
Changing all your social media bios to "drama graduate" instead of "drama student" and having a small panic attack #graduateproblems
— Abi Abrahams (@AbiAbrahams1) July 6, 2016
3. Dealing with the all the questions without having an existential crisis.
— Jack Albert Cook (@JackAlbertCook) July 1, 2016
4. Being reminded that you actually are massively in debt.
— HanBan (@lnstaban) June 12, 2015
5. And just wanting to run away from it all – but not being able to afford it.
— Gradability (@Gradability) May 23, 2015
6. The unfair reality that you are poorer than ever yet no longer get discount.
Am i the only one who thinks shops are hella disrespectful for only having a student discount, we need a graduate discount too.
— S. (@SuAlasow) July 27, 2017
7. This soul destroying routine.
My day consists of: waking up- spending all day on Indeed – going to bed #graduateproblems
— Ed Dixon (@eddddixon) July 6, 2016
8. Coming to terms with the fact that you will never have enough experience for the good jobs…
Me just after high school applying for jobs: pic.twitter.com/5El4Zmp2LT
— UrCutestDeliveryBoi (@PremiumCoffee_) August 29, 2017
9. But somehow having a degree means you are too experienced for the part-time jobs.
I just got rejected from a job I really wanted because they think I’m too overqualified. What is the point of me getting my degree again?
— Lauryn Edmonds 🎄 (@laurynedmonds) December 5, 2017
10. Reading this. Every day.
— Beth Conway (@bethanconway) April 26, 2016
11. The amount of time it actually takes to properly apply for jobs.
Filling out job applications feels like a job in itself
— Syd ☕️💕 (@ballerinasydney) May 2, 2017
12. Having to deal with your parents again.
When your dad keeps asking you about what you want to do with your life pic.twitter.com/2C49J3DwK9
— Gavin & Stacey React (@GavStaceyReacts) August 21, 2015
13. Your friends being sly and applying for the same job as you.
And if they get it and you don’t then ☺️☺️gr8☺️☺️
It's official. Friend got job I interviewed for. Happy for him but bummed I still have to job hunt. #graduateproblems
— Kim (@berly123) July 3, 2015
14. Getting notifications like this.
LinkedIn: new job 4 u! painter n decorator
Me: ah yes perfect job #graduateproblems
— Issy Mendoza (@issydiddler) September 16, 2015
15. And having to at least attempt to remain positive about everything.
Just celebrated a nice rejection email #graduateproblems
— Rosie Lythgoe-Cheeth (@ellotreacle52) October 6, 2015
16. Realising before long that your student overdraft won’t be interest free forever.
Dipping into my overdraft was such a good idea as a student until 18 months after graduation and it's still there #graduateproblems
— Jeni-FarFar (@JenJenarr) April 2, 2016
17. And you can’t even drink to forget because your tolerance to alcohol has gone way down.
5 pints last night and I'm still hungover. What has become of me #graduateproblems
— Adam Hill (@adamhill__) December 6, 2015
18. Struggling to hold it together when you think about how much you miss uni.
I miss uni so much 😭😭 I hate this lost graduate feeling
— Aspiring_Nomad (@Asadaay) September 17, 2017
19. Which is made even worse when 18 year olds start talking about how excited they are to start.
All these people going back to uni and I'm just here like "I have nothing to do in my life" #graduateproblems
— Angela Lofthouse (@AngelaE_94) September 13, 2015