19 Real Life Situations University Graduates Are Never Prepared For
The adult world is a scary place. And university really didn’t prepare you for it.
1. Waking up at 6am.
Because apparently adults hate sleep.
2. Made even more difficult by the fact you still haven’t mastered going to bed before midnight.
you know when you're so close to getting an early nights sleep but you find monsters inc on netflix bc same pic.twitter.com/Krdjw8Lwtp
— tony gunk (@megaliceviolet) November 17, 2014
3. Having to dress yourself without looking like you’re in a ’90s episode of Friends.
“Is this smart caj?”
4. Being asked questions like, “when are you getting married?”
5. And, “but where is your life going?”
MRW someone asks me what I'm doing with my life pic.twitter.com/dDASmIyIL9
— Brad (@bradisterrific) November 7, 2015
6. Having to make this decision. Every morning.
7. Trying to find time for other things when you have a full time job.
8. Logging into Facebook and seeing another one of your friend’s engagement announcements.
me when another one of my Facebook friend gets engaged… pic.twitter.com/hVfirtIFwr
— Emily Ann Acker (@emmyyannn) January 18, 2016
9. Struggling to convert “strong Instagram game” and “good chat” into demonstrable CV skills.
10. Being expected to eat food that isn’t pizza and pasta every day.
11. The reality of how little money you have left after bills, rent and everything else has been taken away.
12. Having to deal with people in a professional capacity after a mid-week drinking sesh.
13. Needing experience in order to get experience.
14. When the alumni team from your university give you a call and expect great things.
15. Hearing ‘older’ adults say things like, “but renting is just throwing your money away.”
16. And “what do you mean you don’t have an ISA?”
17. Seeing people start university who look 12 years old.
When did freshers get so young.. Hand me my slippers in ready to retire #graduateproblems
— Kirstie (@kirstttx) September 25, 2015
18. Dealing with the real cost of things without student discount.
19. And never seeing anyone from uni because you all have jobs and are “too busy”.
When you graduate and never see any of your friends again 😂👌🏻 lol pic.twitter.com/8SkhX8EpEJ
— Jesse Popp (@TheeJessePopp) January 27, 2016
Can we just go back to being students?