19 Reasons Why Everyone Should Stay at University Over Summer
Who ever thought going home for summer was a good idea?
1. Campus finally looks like it did on the prospectus.
2. And it’s a lot less crowded.
UNI campus in the summer is so quiet. It's basically like a ghost town.
— mikaela hauschildt (@MHauschildt) May 22, 2015
3. You could be here all summer having BBQs in the sun.
4. And enjoying the student life without any of the stress of studying.
When all Uni work is done and your only future goal is building a pillow fort 🙌🏻
— Cathy Anne Erni (@cathyerni) May 18, 2016
5. You’ve spent the whole year carrying too much guilt about your uni work to enjoy just chilling with your housemates.
6. So now that you can, you shouldn’t move out.
Can someone tell my housemates to stop moving out and leaving me please? Thanks!
— Chris Tippell (@ChrisTippell) May 20, 2012
7. After months of enduring the wind, rain and snow, why leave now?
8. You could go on road trips and not have to worry about making it back for lectures.
9. You’re used to independent living, but if you leave you’ll soon be answering to your parents again.
When youre back from uni and your parents want to question your every move pic.twitter.com/AQx8wXlXdV
— yewandè (@yewiebarbz) December 23, 2014
10. And it’s much easier to ask for money over the phone than in person.
11. You will go from seeing your uni friends every day of your life to not seeing them for months.
Cried when I moved in cos I was leaving everyone back home & now I'm crying over my uni fam who I wont see for ages after months together😭😭
— Mared (@maredemlynparry) June 5, 2016
12. And if you have friends in final year, you’ll have to say goodbye to them forever.
13. If you’re going to be living in a different place next year then packing up your room will make everything 100x worse.
— XO (@Ishara_x_x) June 4, 2016
14. You’ll be going back to your hometown…
15. Where Yik Yak has no game.
YikYak at home vs YikYak at uni: pic.twitter.com/AeyBCmcz3H
— Andy (@AndyM_D) March 2, 2016
16. And the nights out are 💩💩💩
Nights out at uni are literally a million times better than nights at home
— em✨ (@emilyashxx) February 27, 2016
17. You will be asked “how’s uni going?” and “what are you going to do with that degree?” the whole time you’re there.
me in a family dinner when my relatives ask me what i'm doing with my life pic.twitter.com/xtO7xAK32M
— hernameisfro (@FrosinaIslami) June 5, 2016
18. And your room is probably a walk in wardrobe by now anyway.
When you come home from uni and your parents have replaced you with a wardrobe 🙁 why is this in my room. pic.twitter.com/kINfIHDxoc
— Look, Forryan! (@LForryan) October 26, 2014
19. Maybe you should just stay after all.
And I have just been reminded of why I'm not going home this summer
— Ice Queen (@Jennaa_Mayy) June 5, 2016
Now all you have to do is convince your friends, too.