19 Things Every Recent Graduate Knows All Too Well
Think you’re done learning things just because you’ve graduated? Think again.
1. Finding a job is really bloody hard.
You weren’t expecting it to be a breeze, but my God what is happening? Nothing. That’s what. Absolutely nothing is happening and you’re going nowhere fast.
2. Which is a huge inconvenience because you’re poor AF. Always and forever.
3. Your home town is the worst and you’d much rather be literally anywhere else.
University opened you up to what the country has to offer, which has only made you realise just how bad it is back home. It’s a shame you don’t have any money to move out.
4. You hardly ever see your uni friends any more. Because everyone is either poor or busy.
5. And when you do you try to recreate your life at university.
6. Which always ends the same way.
Because none of you can drink as much as you used to.
7. The questions people ask you now are a lot worse.
I’ll take back “How’s uni?” over “How’s the job hunt?” any day.
8. That, plus living with your parents, has made you particularly cranky.
9. You can’t watch TV shows like Friends and New Girl any more.
Because their apartments are too big and too nice and why isn’t my life like that.
10. Dealing with other people’s success has also become a major challenge for you.
Smile. Don’t cry. BE MORE HAPPY.
11. You’re constantly reminded of your age by people on Facebook posting about children, houses and marriages.
Meanwhile you’re just sat there like.
12. Which only brings you closer to losing your daily battles with an existential crisis.
13. The CV you wrote before university is good for absolutely nothing.
But you still have no idea how to make it any better.
14. You’ll get caught in a never-ending catch-22 when it comes to job applications.
15. That’s if you even know what you want to do.
Which you don’t.
16. When you’re lucky enough to get an interview, you wish you hadn’t been.
18. You’ll begin to regret your degree choice.
19. And basically resent yourself for every decision you’ve made up until now.
But things could always be worse, right?