21 Real Things You’ve Learned At University So Far
When you started uni you expected to learn a lot. But nothing like this.
1. That it’s alarmingly easy to spend all your money on alcohol.
Where has all of my money gone?.. Oh, alcohol.
— Railey Jordan (@RaileyJordan) September 29, 2015
2. And food is pretty expensive, too.
Trying to figure out where all my money has gone since being back at uni.. Oh that's right, food, alcohol and more food😳
— Tasha Bristow (@TashaaBristow) May 5, 2015
3. That your parents did a lot for you before you started uni.
Uni really makes you appreciate your parents 👊
— Bu Cameron (@BuCamz) October 7, 2013
4. That university can still sometimes feel like school.
Sometimes I swear uni is worse than secondary school. The bitchiness is unreal
— Fiona Mo (@fi_momo) May 4, 2014
5. And early morning fire drills are the absolute worst.
What kind of uni does a fire drill at HALF 5 IN THE MORNING pic.twitter.com/bGjXWjhbEM
— ollie (@ollieyh) October 30, 2015
6. That you can be very persuasive.
I think I may have convinced my housemates to go out tonight, I am great at this!
— Skip Cloud (@SkipCloud) March 4, 2014
7. But equally, you’ve learned your will power is pretty weak.
I HATE MY FLATMATES THEY PERSUADED ME TO GO OUT
— Chanel Nº 1 (@arthurxoxo) October 12, 2015
8. The only thing mobile banking is good for is making it easier for you to find out how screwed you are.
Mobile banking is back. I hate knowing how much money I don't have 😬👀📱💳💷
— Kianni Rowe (@KianniRowe) November 10, 2015
9. You’ve become an expert at dodging responsibility.
What I'm good at: - Avoiding responsibilities 😊😊😊😊😊
— Nickki Romanov (@Likkcin) December 16, 2015
10. And have mastered your time management.
AKA, you know exactly how close to the deadline you can start an essay.
wrote an entire 2500 word essay in 3 hours this morning, new levels of last minute panic skills 👊
— tegan (@teganpryce) December 16, 2015
11. You spent your whole life up to now wishing for independent study, but have now learned that it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.
More direction and guidance, please.
My degree isn't difficult at all. I just don't have the motivation and independent learning skills to make the best out of it unfortunately
— Segun Arinze (@Kahduna) April 18, 2015
12. A-Levels weren’t very helpful.
You think you're smart at school but then you go to uni and feel like an idiot
— Light Crow (@NoorAlghorab) September 29, 2015
13. And bullshitting doesn’t work as well on uni lecturers as it did school teachers.
They see right through you.
This essay might be the one where a lecturer FINALLY sees through my bullshit and notices I have no idea what I'm talking about.
— Frosty the Sophman (@insopherable) September 29, 2012
14. “Pull an all-nighter” is a viable solution for all life’s problems.
IF YOU DONT PULL AN ALL-NIGHTER TWICE A WEEK DO U EVEN COLLEGE BRO (😊🔫)
— Set Sail△⃘⃒ (@Roxannicorn) November 20, 2015
15. No matter how hard you try there’s always someone on your course who does better.
There's always that one person in lectures who knows everything 😴😴
— Dan (@WelshCocoon) October 30, 2015
16. You’ve discovered that being a cleaner doesn’t always mean you’re required to clean.
it's weird how you have to clean at uni…………..before the cleaners come…otherwise they won't clean
— TASHA GROSSI (@tashagrossi) November 15, 2015
17. Yik Yak is everything. Until you go back home.
Yik Yak back home compared to Uni is hurtinnn' 🚮
— Ayrton Angeles (@Ayrtwon) February 14, 2015
18. You’ve learned how to lie. Really well. Mainly to yourself.
You do it all the time.
One of the biggest lies you tell yourself at uni; tomorrow, I will be more productive 😶
— Addicus (@AddicusAuden) October 13, 2015
19. And that Wikipedia is both a blessing and a curse.
I started out studying for my psych exam and found myself reading about great white sharks on Wikipedia
— Meg (@Megan_McKelvey) December 10, 2015
20. You’ll happily spend £20 on alcohol, but if your toilet paper is more than £1 you’re out.
They never tell you how expensive cheese or toilet paper is at uni
— Ham (@DomSmegory) December 3, 2015
21. But the most important lesson of all…
What I have learnt at university so far pic.twitter.com/Z8xQQR2ZXh
— Ella (@Ella_mcm) October 3, 2015