22 Things That Just Don’t Make Sense To University Students
You’re really intelligent now. But these things you just can’t get your head around…
1. How you would wake up at 7am every day in school, but now struggle to get up for just one 9am lecture a week.
i never wake up for my 9am lecture lol why am i even alive atm
— ظلال (@scorpiojabi) June 29, 2016
2. And how you used to spend 6 solid hours a day studying but now think a couple of contact hours (if that) is a bit much.
3. How some people can do seemingly nothing all the time but still get a 1st.
4. How shops and bars on campus can charge so much.
They know who their customers are, right?
Why is all the food on campus so damn expensive this is ridiculous and I am just going to starve instead
— Courtney (@fiddyzentz20) January 26, 2016
5. How thousands of pounds used to seem like a lot but you somehow can’t even live off it.
6. Why halls cleaners say it’s too messy to clean up.
7. How you can easily remember every embarrassing thing you’ve ever done in your life, but go blank as soon as you sit down in an exam.
8. And why some people ask for extra paper.
When you're struggling to write enough in the exam and see someone asking for more paper pic.twitter.com/T5Nw5R5nQ4
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) July 22, 2016
9. Why landlords are allowed to charge per room, not per house like normal.
10. How two-hour lectures last a lifetime but two hours in front of Netflix goes by in no time.
Me when I find a good Netflix series pic.twitter.com/bHfdxWyZ9J
— Ari Ola Jr (@PasSavAggressiv) August 1, 2016
11. Why some takeaways close before the clubs let out.
12. Why you don’t get a loan instalment over summer.
13. Harvard referencing.
And how you always seem to get something wrong.
To the person who came up with harvard referencing, you're a prick
— T (@teighlorjr) May 16, 2016
14. Why you’re always the one who seems to buy other people drinks.
When your friends are really grateful that you bought them all a drink but all you can think about is your overdraft pic.twitter.com/RjbeO6x1pJ
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) July 25, 2016
15. How you used to get drunk off one Smirnoff Ice but now it takes a whole new loan to get you tipsy.
16. Why you have to pay for printing.
Blags me when I pay £9000 a year for uni yet still have to pay for printing 🤔
— Chloie (@ChloieFisher) May 5, 2016
17. How you can take a rest from work for just a second and the next thing you know the deadline is here.
When a 5 minute break from uni work turns into 3 hours pic.twitter.com/4ffS7TK3MM
— Shannon Hawley❣ (@Sh4nnn) June 6, 2016
18. Why people would want to leave pre-drinks before 11.
19. And why you can never time your drinks right with the taxi arriving.
20. How there can always be someone in the shower when you want to use the bathroom.
21. How you can go all year never speaking to someone on your course, but as soon as you see them on a night out they’re your best friend.
When you're on a night out and see someone from your course pic.twitter.com/Vn0O9rU2Jb
— Matt (@BiebslLoveU) August 5, 2016
22. And why everyone is always asking what you’re going to do with your degree.
my response when people used to ask why I decided to go uni and what I wanted to do with degree 😂👏🏻 pic.twitter.com/JsuU4vIXMy
— amy-may hamilton♥ (@amykins_lalala) March 8, 2016