22 Things That Will Make All Final Years Lose Their Shit In May
May is your LAST month as a student. And it’s almost here. Prepare yourself.
1. Staying awake for what will feel like a lifetime to finish your dissertation.
In todays episode of Me Vs. Dissertation pic.twitter.com/LGNDDRGhF4
— Garef (@GLH91LDN) April 12, 2016
2. And thinking, “I REALLY need to proofread this. But it’s 25 pages. I’m sure it’s fine.”
Me proof reading my dissertation… pic.twitter.com/vIfhv7Kn9z
— Lydia (@Lydia_Prince) March 29, 2016
3. Seeing other people post “I finished my dissertation!” selfies on Facebook.
4. Revising for your final exams.
Which are just like every other exam you’ve sat except 100 times more likely to end in a breakdown.
me w/ all my notes after i finish the final exam pic.twitter.com/KvTlkp7Yp3
— laura ❁ (@laurapplebear) March 15, 2016
5. And sitting them knowing you’re going to need all the help you can get.
Me on final exam pic.twitter.com/FBxXwbSYnj
— CHRISTIAN SORIANO ☊ (@MrChristian_17) March 9, 2016
6. Desperately needing a night out because your time as a student is nearly over but you also need to salvage your grades from last year.
7. Hearing second and first years complain about how fast time is going for them.
8. Getting that email off uni reminding you your account and student card will expire soon.
9. Finally finishing all things academic and just sitting back like, “it’s done… that’s it.”
10. And not knowing whether to be really happy or really upset about the fact that you don’t ever have to study again.
11. The night out you go on when everyone has finished all their work.
12. Which quickly turns emotional when someone says, “this could be the last time we ever do this.”
13. And you start getting really sentimental over everything. Even things you previously hated.
14. Your parents sending you this text.
15. Trying and failing to keep it together at Summer Ball, because you know it’s basically the last time you’ll see most of these people ever again.
16. Which won’t be helped by the amount of wine you’ll be drinking.
Spurred on by everyone saying, “fuck it” and “might as well go out with a bang”.
17. People asking you what you’re going to do after uni – and actually expecting a good answer.
Fear this everyday for when I finish uni pic.twitter.com/1jtKzFYPn8
— Millermore (@liamiller96) January 8, 2016
18. And when you first hear someone say, “I’ll probably see you at graduation then.”
19. People trying to reassure you that everything will be fine.
20. Wanting to stay for the whole of June and July too but realising you have absolutely no feasible way to afford that.
21. Your housemates starting to move out.
Which is always too soon.
22. And having to start packing up your own room after putting it off for as long as possible.