24 Unbearable Struggles You Face When Trying To Revise In The Library
The library is a great place to get away from it all and revise. Or is it? The struggles and setbacks are everywhere.
1. Feeling really motivated to do work but then it’s all ruined when you fail to find a seat.
Trying to find a spot in the library during finals week be like pic.twitter.com/3UE7hncKJy
— Grace McDonald (@_grace_mcdonald) December 8, 2015
2. Spending more time searching for books than actually reading them.
can't find my library book, guess that's my degree in the bin
— immie orrells (@immieorrells) April 13, 2016
3. Never being near a free plug socket when your battery is running low.
I'M STUCK IN THE LIBRARY TRYING TO REVISE FOR EXAMS BUT MY LAPTOP IS LOW ON BATTERY AND SOMEONE IS USING THE POWERPOINT HELP
— mj / 101 days!! (@youtubings) October 17, 2015
4. Eduroam being slow or not connecting at all. Because it just loves to make life even more difficult.
Been in the library for 15 minutes and still done nothing because Eduroam is so fucking shit
— Ollie (@BehanCFC) April 12, 2016
5. In fact, all technology being out to get you just when you need it most.
In the library trying to revise and my laptop has just restarted and is now doing updates, why now 😩😩😩😩
— Shannon Daly-East (@shandalyeast) May 16, 2015
6. Really needing the toilet but not wanting to lose your prime spot.
At the library and I really need to go to the toilet but there are 2 laptops on the table and I trust no one right now.
— Aweiwan (@Strangerz_) March 31, 2016
7. Feeling really awkward just walking around because it’s so quiet.
The library is so quiet today all you hear is the sound of my jeans rubbing together as I walk and me bumping the book cart into everything
— chugly (@Lady_Invisibo) March 1, 2016
8. Which inevitably ends in you making some kind of scene because you still don’t really know how things work.
Some girls just started laughing at me in the library for trying to open the locked bathroom door pic.twitter.com/ojk4DGb711
— Lys☕ (@alyssadcaito) March 8, 2016
9. Getting distracted by absolutely everything.
Guy in the library with the dodgy plug has a laptop fan so loud I can hear it over the music in my headphones.
I hate everything
— Ben Pearson (@benshirtfriends) April 22, 2016
Very unsuccessfully trying to stifle my laughter in a silent library pic.twitter.com/DUg0BxvNtV
— ben (@cherryglazing) April 5, 2016
11. And feeling so uncomfortable all the time.
— Jessica Koebel (@feministfangirl) April 14, 2016
12. Having to put up with other people talking non-stop.
Trying to revise in the library when people are talking 🙇🏼😡 pic.twitter.com/IIMjdHYtDK
— Gracie (@graciespark) April 26, 2016
13. And hoping someone else tells them to shut up before you have to do it.
When you're trying to revise in the library and people come and sit next to you and won't shut up 😒 pic.twitter.com/QZb3cYCwyW
— Craig (@cdtownley29) April 14, 2016
14. Except when you’re so unmotivated that you’re using their conversation as an escape from revision.
Trying to revise in the library but the other groups convo is lit
— Gitty Ahmadi (@gittyramilla) December 16, 2015
15. Spending most of your time thinking about how hungry you are.
i'm in the library trying to revise and all i can think about is what flavour super noodles I'm going to have when i get back home
— harrison (@harris0n_) May 19, 2015
16. But not wanting to eat anything in case everyone judges how loudly you chew.
Trying to eat chips in quiet study at the library pic.twitter.com/4Bdcl0Ed6o
— Lauren Norris (@_laurennorris7) February 3, 2016
17. Losing faith in your fellow students. Because apparently the library brings out the worst in them.
I'm trying to revise and someone is doing the cha cha slide…. in the bloody library 😒
— soph ✌ (@sophiemoth) June 6, 2015
18. Especially when there’s a couple near you who simply dgaf about boundaries.
When you're trying to revise in the library but a gross couple sat opposite you are basically shagging pic.twitter.com/O982bEwXfN
— tegan (@TEGPRR) April 4, 2016
19. Or when someone dishes out a full-blown meal that stinks out the whole room.
YES THANK YOU FOR EATIN YOUR SMELLY FOOD IN THE LIBRARY WE ALL WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IT WOULD SMELL LIKE THANK YOU pic.twitter.com/OoNobyYPkB
— Michael Collins (@MikeCollinsjr) April 23, 2013
20. Getting side-tracked by library crushes and worrying more about how awful you look than how little revision you’ve done.
Can the gorgeous guy in the library not sit opposite me and distract me with your face? I'm trying to revise here.
— Melissa Marshall (@missym1401) May 20, 2015
21. Comparing how much time you’ve spent in the library to how much you’ve actually achieved.
At UNI trying to revise and all ive done so far is attempted to pay my library fine, borrowed a book and licked ink pic.twitter.com/NyQAfU6KbP
— Shazea (@helloitsshazea) April 22, 2015
22. Coming to terms with the fact that, in the library, nothing goes your way.
Why does my uni think it's acceptable to have a cleaner vacuum the silent area of the library whilst we are trying to revise?!
— Ellenor Search (@EllenorSearch) January 11, 2016
23. And failing to remember why you even thought it would be a good idea to go.
Trying to revise in the library got me like pic.twitter.com/p6NoWLOuFv
— Andy (@AndyM_D) January 11, 2016
24. All the while, narrowly resisting the urge to pack it in and let fate decide the outcome of your exams.
At the library trying to study, Lord knows I'm trying, but last exam syndrome got me like👇 pic.twitter.com/RHzSbaM6ZP
— Blacqenesse® (@Tshayina_Pasiya) November 18, 2015
Can I go home now? 😪