25 Agonising Stages Every University Student Will Go Through on Results Day
Everything you’ve ever done has all been leading to this day.
1. After WEEKS of waiting…
— Amy (@amyjaay_) July 5, 2015
2. Results day does eventually arrive.
uni results day tomorrow… Nice knowing you all, it's been great X
— Matt (@mattxbarter) June 16, 2016
3. You wake up like this.
4. And wish the day had never come.
So my uni results are released at midnight….I'm not ready for this! 🙊🙊
— Tarja Ambrose (@TarjaAmbrose) June 9, 2016
5. “I don’t want to know” you tell yourself.
6. “What if I’ve failed?” you ask.
7. You actually consider just ignoring everything.
Changed my mind, I don't want any more uni results ✋🏼
— Laura Caroline (@Laurrx_) May 20, 2016
8. The whole day is a write off because you can’t focus on anything else.
9. Your parents try to reassure you by saying “I’m sure you’ve done great.”
10. And your friends don’t help much either.
Uni results day pic.twitter.com/IoOILGSiel
— Scott Nelson (@Nelson79Scott) June 3, 2016
11. If you get your results online, the wait for them to go live is unbearable.
12. Especially when, according to Facebook, some people already seem to have theirs.
13. But as much as this annoys you, you have to like their status just in case you jinx your own results.
14. You ready yourself for any eventuality.
results day can go 1 of 3 ways… pic.twitter.com/exeI92Jxlc
— rach (@_rachkitcat) August 12, 2015
15. And almost manage to convince yourself that you really don’t care any more.
16. Until the time comes.
17. You click the link…and then look away.
18. You just need a few more moments of not knowing, just in case knowing is worse.
19. Finally, you brave it and look at the results.
20. You let it sink in for at least 10 minutes.
21. And, no matter what the result, can’t help but feel underwhelmed that all those years came down to one figure.
22. “Now what?” you wonder.
23. You immediately want to know what everyone else got.
24. But also don’t, in case they’ve done better or worse than you.
25. You then just sit there thinking, “that’s it” and wait for graduation day.
At least the wait is over. 🙌