26 Life Choices You Probably Regret Making at University
University is supposed to make you smarter. But perhaps you have to make a load of dumb decisions before that happens??
1. Staying up until 5am to finish an essay that you had months to write.
me: *puts off 6 page essay till the last minute after knowing about it for weeks*
me: "omg this is so unfair this is so much work ugh"
— olivia (@0liviaLynn) February 21, 2016
2. And promising yourself you would never do it again…
3. Only to be in the exact same situation the next time something was due.
WHEN WILL I LEARN THAT IT IS NOT WISE TO LEAVE AN ESSAY LAST MINUTE OMG
— Abbie Clarke (@abbiedaniella) March 8, 2016
4. Getting so drunk on a weekday that you thought you might actually die the next day.
Hungover af looking at my bed thinking, do I really NEED to go to this lecture?????
— Mary Pill Poppin's (@Callum_Board) December 17, 2015
5. And spending more on alcohol than anything else combined.
Uni fucks you up like yeah I'll spend £20 on vodka but god forbid I go over £3 on actual food :/
— Baechel (@RachWarburton) October 7, 2015
6. Choosing to go an entire module without every looking at the course materials on Blackboard.
7. And actually spending very little time in the library.
— Danielle Johnson (@danielleee1993) April 14, 2014
8. The frightening number of hours you chose to spend doing literally nothing.
9. Skipping seminars and lectures for no legitimate reason.
made like 400 excuses for myself to skip lecture bc i'm a lazy biotch
— sabrina (@suhbeaner_) May 10, 2016
10. Playing a reckless game of “who can blow their loan first?” every time it came in.
— Alexandra Ellis (@AlexJ_Ellis) January 5, 2013
11. How you promised to be better at living independently, but still lived off reduced noodles.
12. And when you lied to your parents every time they called instead of owning up.
— emma hughes ☼ (@emmalouhu) June 17, 2016
13. Attempting to steal toilet paper instead of just buying some.
14. Telling yourself “I’m sure it’s fine” when it absolutely wasn’t fine.
15. Like when you didn’t check your bank for weeks and just hoped for the best.
16. Or when you decided that you didn’t need to proofread that essay.
when you're about to print your essay without proofreading it pic.twitter.com/DsjhSn6etc
— ️️️ (@starskyniall) March 23, 2016
17. How little commitment you had to reading all the books on the reading list.
18. Yet how determined you were to be photographed when drunk.
How you think you look when you're drunk vs. how you really look pic.twitter.com/WrEku3Rytq
— funny tweet peak (@funnytweetpeak) May 29, 2016
19. Dooming yourself to failure by sitting quiet whenever you didn’t understand something.
20. Accepting the state your house was in 99% of the time instead of just cleaning it.
— Lloyd Rhys Hampton (@Lloyd_Hampton) October 9, 2013
21. Getting with someone you lived with or were friends with despite all the warnings from your friends.
22. Waiting so long to take out the book you need that there weren’t any left.
I'm literally the worst student ever
— ㅤ (@justinselenas) April 26, 2016
23. Bullshitting and lying to yourself and your tutors instead of facing your problems.
My tutor at uni probs hates me bares
— remy ma (@sainsssN) October 21, 2015
24. Documenting everything you did when drunk on Snapchat.
Meaning you had to relive your horrible voice the morning after 🙉🔫
25. Eating so much mouldy food and day-old pizza.
All uni has taught me is to suck it up and eat around the mould
— Alexander Smith (@AlexJSmith95) May 13, 2015
26. And ultimately how you put off worrying about the future.
hahahhahahelp me 😅😰