26 Signs You’re Living In a Classic Student House
Some things could only ever happen in a student house.
1. You weren’t blown away by it when you first viewed it.
2. But you just needed a place so reluctantly accepted to live there.
do you ever look at your student house and think you must have been on acid when you thought it was nice enough to sign for?
— chlo (@Chlomarshy) January 27, 2015
3. The furniture is mix-matched.
Student house furniture be like pic.twitter.com/Yikr9vHvam
— Students Problems (@FactsLaughable) March 15, 2016
4. And things break literally all the time.
— han lee (@Lhaaan) February 4, 2016
5. There’s a lot of stuff in the bathroom.
3 toothpaste tubes in the bathroom and they're all FREAKING EMPTY pic.twitter.com/mGxQGwFa0h
— Beth (@bxthwebb) January 8, 2016
6. None of it is useful.
Know your living in a student house when you see this pic.twitter.com/fcKHydGuqh
— Ben Dodson (@BenDodson93) February 4, 2016
7. And the kitchen is just as cluttered.
— Karl (@KarlJolly) January 6, 2013
8. Speaking of the kitchen, it probably looks like this 99% of the time.
Once upon a time we had a kitchen in our house at uni… pic.twitter.com/0Gj2vyZgkv
— Rob (@RobWoodward94) March 18, 2014
9. Which causes frequent arguments about the washing up.
10. The house is permanently cold.
Which does have some benefit…
Said it before n I'll say it again actual quality living in a student house 'cos you can leave your drinks out the fridge n they stay cold
— Eve (@sayerseve) January 15, 2016
11. And the walls drip with condensation, causing mould.
The joy of living in a student house with damp and mould… pic.twitter.com/4ddAn0dqZt
— Sydney (@sydneymcgauran) January 23, 2014
12. Food theft is a real problem.
Me when I check the fridge in our uni house pic.twitter.com/7pY4BVcW33
— Ryan Williams (@RyaanWillz) November 18, 2015
13. Leaving people no choice but to write their name on everything.
Living in a student house like 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/y3ba9SGb0n
— Sofia (@sunshine_sofia6) January 6, 2016
14. Any outdoor areas are actual dumps.
Love my uni house garden when the weathers like this 🌞 pic.twitter.com/NClIPDc0NF
— Leo Moreau (@leomoreau) June 11, 2015
15. TV binges are a regular occurrence.
16. Nobody eats, sleeps or does anything at a regular time.
So I got out of bed at 2, and now I'm eating a combination of breakfast and lunch .. I'm embracing uni life pic.twitter.com/38eR2v0K9r
— becky (@Becky_TWx) October 1, 2015
17. Plates and bowls are nowhere to be seen.
— Justin (@Justingyho) September 11, 2012
18. Passive aggressive notes appear randomly.
My housemates hate my other housemates pic.twitter.com/h7GOybBSRl
— Abedar Kamgari (@kamgara) January 29, 2016
19. And the boiler is strictly on lockdown.
20. It’s often hard to sleep.
80% having to hear your roommates having sex
— laur (@lauren_kps) November 3, 2015
21. There’s probably more alcohol than anything else in the house.
You know you're a student when literally the only thing to drink in the house has a percentage sign.
— Ted Sloan (@dirtyshirtted) March 12, 2010
22. Unwelcome guests appear all the time.
I loved living in a student house until Mickey bastard mouse was tap dancing on the kitchen worktop HELL ON EARTH 😖😡😭😭😭😭
— Ellie Wright (@_elliewright) January 5, 2016
23. The fridge is good for one thing only.
Our mature fridge at our uni house 🙈 pic.twitter.com/xrbIvrVCxh
— Alice Jessopp (@alice_jessopp) August 13, 2014
24. Because there’s never anything of worth inside.
My fridge shelf at uni 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 pic.twitter.com/5SYGpZcaSE
— Emily Rowland (@rowly17) December 14, 2014
25. Overall it’s a great place to live.
Love my student house 😚🏡❤️ pic.twitter.com/l0v1uQOhot
— Amelia (@ameliakendallx) July 15, 2015